PDA

View Full Version : Fresh orange juice storage

Sweetum
03-09-2013, 04:11 PM
I want to make fresh orange juice in the morning that we can drink through the day (for one day only). Does it store well? or does it go bad and that we should drink immediately? or can I add something (a pinch of salt or sugar) to make it last for the day? thanks!

Tondi G
03-09-2013, 04:14 PM
when we juice oranges we fill a pitcher and put it in the fridge... it's good for a full day or 2.... usually doesn't last too long in our house though ... the kids drink it up quick. YUM!

connor_mommy
03-09-2013, 04:26 PM
Naval oranges will turn a bit bitter after a day or so.

Sweetum
03-09-2013, 06:35 PM
ahhh, thanks, didn't know that abt navel oranges. i am looking at juicing clementinres, actually.

Tondi G
03-10-2013, 01:32 AM
mmmmm never thought about juicing clementines. They are usually not around long enough to consider juicing them. I have had an orange tangerine blend before and it was delicious!

Tondi G
03-10-2013, 01:33 AM
Naval oranges will turn a bit bitter after a day or so.

Yeah I think I remember being told that Valencia oranges are the way to go for juice.

Sweetum
03-10-2013, 06:51 PM
I have been juicing clementines a lot lately and the juice is delicious! Sometimes it is so sweet that I have to water it down a bit or add something else. highly recommend it. And I love that they are super easy to peel. I throw in a bit of crushed ice to make it a cool drink.