PDA

View Full Version : Oz the Great and Powerful

cindys
03-09-2013, 05:20 PM
Anyone been to see yet? Reviews?

I want to go and take my 6 yr old..the only thing I have read that might be scary are the flying monkeys.

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...21, 6 & 4

Gracemom
03-10-2013, 10:54 AM
My DH and I went to see it. My 9 year old wants to see it, but I don't think I will take her. The beginning is pretty slow. It has a lot of "romance" situations that I think are pretty pointless. It was a mostly forgettable movie in my opinion. There are a few witch situations that are pretty scary, but mostly I think your 6 yr. old would get bored. I fell asleep during part of it! So disappointing because the original Wizard of Oz is one of my all time favorite movies.

missliss55
03-10-2013, 11:29 AM
I took my 9 year old and some of her friends and we all really liked it. I'm glad I didn't take my 7 year old because there were some suspense scenes that would have scared her. It isn't as good as the Wizard of Oz but I thought it was enjoyable.

lhafer
03-10-2013, 12:05 PM
My DH and 7 year old went to see it yesterday. He said it was okay, and she wasn't over the moon about it. She did say there were some scary scenes in it. And this is coming from a girl who LOVES Tim Burton films, if that gives you any indication.

cindys
03-10-2013, 01:18 PM
I went and took my 6 yr old..we both liked it, but there were some intense scenes...If I had to do it again, I probably would not have taken him...

I am sure seeing it in 3D make is seem even scarier.

I didnt like the "romantic" scenes, the didnt seem appropriate for a PG movie but what got me were the previews they showed before the movie...

There were alot of kids in the theatre and the previews seemed geared toward an adult audience.

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...21, 7 & 4...:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

KrystalS
03-10-2013, 01:30 PM
My 9yo DD went to see it yesterday with some friends and she loved it. She said the monkeys were a little scary, they saw it in 3D.

wellyes
03-10-2013, 02:57 PM
My local paper is recommending it for "10 or older" (which I would take to mean 8-12, depending on the individual).

bostonsmama
03-10-2013, 03:53 PM
My cousin's aunt did the set design for the movie. Along the way I've gotten to see some cool behind the scenes clips through my cousin's facebook page. She said the movie was fabulous, but we're all adults. I think many cartoons aren't appropriate for kids. ;)