PDA

View Full Version : I messed up! Car rental disaster- help please

liz
03-09-2013, 09:39 PM
We are going on vacation soon, and I was checking on all of our reservations. I see that I must have accidentally booked a week's car rental from Sunday-Saturday vs Sat-Sat week (our flights are Sat-Sat). I still don't know how I did this.

ugh, what do we do??? I actually have one printout that says Sat-Sat with the correct dates and has our confirmation #, but if I look it up again the confirmation actually says Sun-Sat. Should I call and try to fix this or wing it when we get there and show them the Sat-Sat paper I have?

We absolutely need a minivan for that week (we have 6 people). I tried to modify my reservation and all the minivan and bigger size vehicles are sold out (plus our discount code is now invalid). We have no options for shuttles through our hotel etc. Any advice??

LD92599
03-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Absolutely call the rental location, don't rely online!

liz
03-09-2013, 10:13 PM
I called to see if they could do anything but because the type of car we need is sold out, they cannot help us. I was trasferred to someone who finally said to try again during normal business hours. I guess I will have to wait until Monday :(

TwinFoxes
03-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Can't you just try another company?

liz
03-09-2013, 10:15 PM
Can't you just try another company?

No everything is sold out unless we want to pay 1300$ for the week, which is a lot of $$$ for us.

twowhat?
03-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Call on Monday but if they can't modify it, I'd just wing it and use cabs for the first day. It'll suck, but it won't ruin your vacation. Good luck!!

AnnieW625
03-09-2013, 10:36 PM
:yeahthat: or call the rental company pronto. Most airport locations are open from 5 am to 12 midnight 7 days a week.

mmommy
03-09-2013, 10:49 PM
Call during the day tomorrow. They should be open all weekend too. Often there are different options when you speak to an actual person vs online.

Tondi G
03-10-2013, 01:26 AM
I would call them and explain that you have your initial print out that shows Sat to Sat and that you recently went online to make sure all of your reservations ... air, car, hotel were all good and found that their system is now showing Sun - Sat and that it won't do. If you have a print out then their system is in error. Hopefully they will get it all figured out for you. You may have to fax or scan/e-mail a copy of the printout you have showing the correct days/dates.

Globetrotter
03-10-2013, 03:04 AM
Call and explain ASAP. Are you driving to another area the first day? If not, you could try to get a van from another company for Saturday, if you haven't already tried that.

TwinFoxes
03-10-2013, 08:47 AM
No everything is sold out unless we want to pay 1300$ for the week, which is a lot of $$$ for us.

Ah, got it.

I would call them and explain that you have your initial print out that shows Sat to Sat and that you recently went online to make sure all of your reservations ... air, car, hotel were all good and found that their system is now showing Sun - Sat and that it won't do. If you have a print out then their system is in error. Hopefully they will get it all figured out for you. You may have to fax or scan/e-mail a copy of the printout you have showing the correct days/dates.

:yeahthat: It sounds like their system is the issue. Good luck!