PDA

View Full Version : Displaying medals?

KrisM
03-10-2013, 09:29 AM
DS1 competed in the state Academic Games tournament last week and came home with 3 medals for his team. Prior to this, he's only had participation medals - everyone gets one. So, we'd like to make sure these are taken care of and displayed a bit for him. He has a rack for his TKD belts and I'm thinking some hooks next to that would work for now, but I'd like something that looks more fun or something. He'll continue with AG, so might get more medals to add in upcoming years. Any ideas for display?

MamaMolly
03-10-2013, 09:47 AM
How about a shadow box frame on the wall?

army_mom
03-10-2013, 10:01 AM
Are they medals with a ribbon around the neck? At a recent running expo they were selling 'medal holders' that were simply towel bars attached to a board or wall an looped in all the medals. I though it was a great, easy, and cheap decoration. Ill see if I can find a picture.

o_mom
03-10-2013, 11:14 AM
We use a tie rack for medals.

Beth24
03-10-2013, 11:44 AM
My husband found a great rack for displaying my son's swimming and water polo medals. I will get you the link when he gets home but its basically bronze rod with pegs that hangs under another piece of metal that has the word swimming in block letters. I will post the link and or a picture...

KrisM
03-11-2013, 11:23 PM
My husband found a great rack for displaying my son's swimming and water polo medals. I will get you the link when he gets home but its basically bronze rod with pegs that hangs under another piece of metal that has the word swimming in block letters. I will post the link and or a picture...

I'd love to see the picture/link!

All great ideas. I will check out towel bars and tie racks next time I shop!