PDA

View Full Version : Where are you getting Easter eggs for egg hunts?

buttercup
03-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Still pretty wet here so I think something plastic filled with something useful, like play dough or crayons or something non consummable. What are you doing? Thanks!

Momit
03-10-2013, 03:32 PM
Last year we hid plastic eggs with lots of different things in them - a few jelly beans, some Annie's bunny grahams or cheddar bunnies, a Hershey kiss, tattoos, stickers, a matchbox car or Thomas engine (needed to find extra large eggs for those), an Easter Hexbug. We also had a few larger items like books, puzzles and Play Doh that we wrote on a piece of paper and put in the egg.

ETA I got the plastic eggs at Walgreen's or Target I think

alexsmommy
03-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Small trinkets, money (DS1 and DS2 favorites), movie g.c., and only a few with candy. After my parents wanted to contribute and did quite a few with Starburst jelly beans and I wound up cleaning them up for DAYS from under everything I am moving to non-small items and candy will be contained largely to their baskets.

BunnyBee
03-10-2013, 07:24 PM
We did puzzle pieces once and found all but one egg. So now we stick to money. Different coins, and then the kids have a blast counting after it's over.