PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre???

jbbhb
03-10-2013, 03:58 PM
So this creepy annoying kid (maybe 5?) has been playing with my kids at the park and he just came and sat next to my blanket and dumped his backpack out which contained......

A small skeleton, several skulls, and two fake cut off arms complete with blood! Seriously? This is bizarre, no?

Of course his dad is on the other side of the park, texting.....

crl
03-10-2013, 04:21 PM
Yes that would strike me as bizarre. The skull and the skeleton I could see, although more at home than in a backpack, for a science-y kid. But the fake cut off arms tip it over into bizarre. Time to go home! At least it would be for me.

Catherine

Pinky
03-10-2013, 04:24 PM
Weird! Please tell me the skeleton and skulls were toys. Lol

niccig
03-10-2013, 04:27 PM
A friend from DS is into bizarre, freaky things and loves all the Halloween scary decorations. I could see him keeping some of those things after Halloween rather than putting them away. Not sure he would take it to the park though.

His parents are into similar stuff so were very surprised at a kid's halloween party when none of the other kids would use the bathroom with the fake severed hand in it, because their kid isn't scared about that.

So I would chalk it up as a kid into zombies, gouhlish things rather than mini-axe murderer.

Binkandabee
03-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Meh. My DD is into stuff like that and she's a perfectly, well adjusted girl, with perfectly normal, involved, loving parents. Halloween is her favorite holiday and she just loves the blood and guts. She says she's going to be a surgeon one day....and I truly believe her!

jbbhb
03-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Yeah I don't think the kid is going to be a serial killer or anything, just sort of odd "toys" to being to the park and then dump on someone else's blanket where a 2 year old and 10 month are playing.

The skulls etc were not like science toys, I think adult Halloween decorations is the perfect description.

Maybe this should have been a BP...

MamaMolly
03-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Yup. Weird thing to tote around, and just odd to dump it out on someone else's blanket.

vonfirmath
03-11-2013, 10:07 AM
Yup. Weird thing to tote around, and just odd to dump it out on someone else's blanket.

Trying to get a reaction?
Get his dad's attention?