PDA

View Full Version : Issues with newly refinished hardwood? (hair in polyurethane)

Pinky
03-10-2013, 04:22 PM
We just got home after several days away due to having our hardwood floors refinished. There are several spots with what looks like dog hair or paint brush bristles in the polyurethane.

We have dogs and obviously there is hair in the house. The flooring company should have to fix that, right? I'm feeling slightly responsible for the dog hair because maybe I didn't clean up well enough before the came?

In addition to that there are random paint drops from where they painted the baseboards and various scuffs where they were rolling something around. That will all wipe up with a little elbow grease but they should have to do it, right?

I feel like it's always something when we have work done. :-(

JElaineB
03-10-2013, 04:33 PM
It sucks that it isn't perfect! I can commiserate. We had our wood floors refinished when we moved in 5 years ago. For the most part they came out fine, but right near the kitchen there was a reddish stain in one of the planks of wood. We didn't say anything to the guy about it, but he took it upon himself to try and buff/grind out the stain. He made a groove at least 6 inches long, 3 inches across and at least an eight or more of an inch deep. I guess he finally decided to stop. The red was pretty much all the way through the wood! So we have a huge grooved sunken in area in one of the pieces of wood in a very high traffic area. I'm still unhappy about it whenever I think about it!

hellokitty
03-10-2013, 09:18 PM
I would complain and make them redo it. They sound like slobs. My mil is super picky and the ppl who refinished her hw floors did a great job. She would have gone off the deep end if they had hair mixed into the polyurethane!

Tondi G
03-11-2013, 12:18 AM
yeah I think I would contact them and let them know that it looks like there is hair or brush bristles in the polyurethane, some scuffs and some paint drips. They should come and see what they can do to fix the issues.

Pinky
03-16-2013, 09:00 PM
Thanks everybody! They redid part of the floors and they look much better! This has all been a huge mess. Glad to be done with it.

hellokitty
03-16-2013, 09:33 PM
I'm glad that they re-did it without hassle. Hopefully, it wasn't too much of an inconvenience for you and your family. Weren't you the one who stayed at a hotel while they did the job?