PDA

View Full Version : How did you get rid off your sun spots? Has anyone tried the laser treatment?

moonsky
03-10-2013, 11:41 PM
I have had sun spots since pregnancy with my first. It still hasn't gone away. I have tried the bleaching cream from the dermatologist. It has been over two months and hasn't shown much improvement. Has anyone tried the laser treatment or other methods done by dermatologists? Please tell me your experience, cost, and any side effects if any. TIA!

theriviera
03-10-2013, 11:56 PM
i did IPL (laser) to get rid of sun damage on my face. I'm fairly dark so I was nervous as laser, in the wrong hands) and cause HYPOpigmentation on dark skin i went with a very reputable derm and i've been super happy with the results.ni think it was $400-500 treatment and it took about 6 treatments. it took a lot of treatments b/c of my skin color. if you are fair skin with dark spots, my guess is that you will only need 1 or 2 treatments.

moonsky
03-11-2013, 12:05 AM
i did IPL (laser) to get rid of sun damage on my face. I'm fairly dark so I was nervous as laser, in the wrong hands) and cause HYPOpigmentation on dark skin i went with a very reputable derm and i've been super happy with the results.ni think it was $400-500 treatment and it took about 6 treatments. it took a lot of treatments b/c of my skin color. if you are fair skin with dark spots, my guess is that you will only need 1 or 2 treatments.

Did your skin get red right after the treatment? How much did it take to recover? Did the sun spot totally gone or just fade but still there?

candybomiller
03-11-2013, 09:56 AM
I have had IPL done. I had two treatments, $150 each, at the dermatologist. I was super happy with the results from the first treatment, but don't feel like I saw any difference after the second treatment.

Yes, my face did get red afterward. My derm compared it to a bad sunburn feeling. I iced my face right away both times and I think that helped a lot with both the pain and the red reaction.

blisstwins
03-11-2013, 10:18 AM
My derm is recommending freezing my sun spots. He said that I am too fair skinned/there is not enough contrast for the laser. Should I doubt him?

moonsky
03-11-2013, 03:43 PM

How did you find your dermatologist? May I ask who you had? You can PM me his/her name if don't want to give out the name here. Thanks so much.

DrSally
03-11-2013, 10:37 PM
i would love todo something about mine. I'm Asian. Not sure if IPL or freezing woul be better

stinkyfeet
03-12-2013, 09:33 AM
i would love todo something about mine. I'm Asian. Not sure if IPL or freezing woul be better

I'm Asian too (fair skinned). I've had sun spots layered off a few times with great success. It feels like a small rubber band snapping on you face (not pleasant, but not uncomfortable). It took me about 10-14 days to heal. The lasered site did not hurt and was not sensitive, but the spots get really dark before they start peeling off...and then it looks great!

I did notice I have to get it redone periodically, but it is not that big of a deal because the results are so good.

moonsky
03-12-2013, 03:47 PM
I'm Asian too (fair skinned). I've had sun spots layered off a few times with great success. It feels like a small rubber band snapping on you face (not pleasant, but not uncomfortable). It took me about 10-14 days to heal. The lasered site did not hurt and was not sensitive, but the spots get really dark before they start peeling off...and then it looks great!

I did notice I have to get it redone periodically, but it is not that big of a deal because the results are so good.

Did it look ok to get out of the house? How did you deal with it during the recovering time? Did you have it done during the school break?

How often do you need to redo it? Also, how did you find your dermatologist. What is the fee in your area? Thanks!

DrSally
03-12-2013, 09:17 PM

Would love to do this. So sick of tying to cover up w/makeup

Twoboos
03-13-2013, 07:59 AM
I've been using this Vit C Serum from Ole Henriksen. I had a VERY noticeable sunspot (I guess? A dark spot at least) on my right cheek. I just realized recently it's gone!

http://www.sephora.com/truth-serum-vitamin-c-collagen-booster-P42343?skuId=1403518

Here's one with a few pieces, I have just a small sample size bottle like this and it's lasted a while (I use it before bed).

http://www.sephora.com/the-whole-truth-vitamin-c-kit-P374594?skuId=1430180

oneontheway
03-13-2013, 08:34 AM
I've been using this Vit C Serum from Ole Henriksen. I had a VERY noticeable sunspot (I guess? A dark spot at least) on my right cheek. I just realized recently it's gone!

http://www.sephora.com/truth-serum-vitamin-c-collagen-booster-P42343?skuId=1403518

Here's one with a few pieces, I have just a small sample size bottle like this and it's lasted a while (I use it before bed).

http://www.sephora.com/the-whole-truth-vitamin-c-kit-P374594?skuId=1430180

Very tempted as I really don't want to go the laser route. How long did it take for them to disappear? Did you just put it on the sunspot or all over?

Twoboos
03-13-2013, 08:43 AM
I don't really know, I wasn't actively trying to get rid of them, but it seems to have taken care of it! I just recently realized it wasn't there anymore.

I have pics from my 40th bday with the spot, and I don't have it now. It's been less than a year.

I think some kind of C-serum (even if not the Ole) is supposed to help. There might be more powerful ones available. Poke around on Sephora. In other skincare threads people rave about an AHA serum, not sure if that's supposed to work on dark spots, but I feel like it might?