PDA

View Full Version : Favorite diaper under a wool cover?

skoo
03-11-2013, 08:37 AM
Dd has always been a heavy wetter at night, so although we CD'ed during the day, we always used a sposie at night. Now that she's day PT, this means we're only using sposies and I'd like to find a cloth solution that works at night.

Been reading about wool covers and am really excited (thinking I'll start with Disana). But am having trouble finding info about what best to use underneath?

Our stash includes some prefolds and gdiaper inserts (fleece/hemp/cotton) that would be great to reuse but I wouldn't be opposed to buying something new if it would work better. Thanks in advance!

lizzywednesday
03-11-2013, 01:03 PM
It depends on the cover.

I like Disana pull-on covers with prefolds & doublers because prefolds are bulky.

However, I like wool wraps with fitteds & doublers ... and in the summertime.

You may or may not feel the wraps are worth it, but my DD sweats like a beast so the pull-on covers stunk for us during summer.

skoo
03-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Do you mind sharing what wool wraps and fitteds you like? Since we're heading into the spring/summer season here in CA (although the more temperate bay area) and DD does have the tendency to run hot, I wonder if I should rethink. I always thought of wool as so breathable (I myself wear it throughout the summer) I was hoping she wouldn't get as hot!

NewMom2007
03-11-2013, 06:37 PM
Disana, Aristocrat, Sustainablebabyish/Sloomb are all nice wool covers. We use Sbish/Sloomb fitteds under our covers, I also have some old Clover diapers, which I think are being made again. There are a variety of fitteds out there - check DiaperPin for reviews. I like fitteds under wool b/c they contain accidents a little better and I can go for longer stretches w/o washing the wool.

lizzywednesday
03-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Do you mind sharing what wool wraps and fitteds you like? Since we're heading into the spring/summer season here in CA (although the more temperate bay area) and DD does have the tendency to run hot, I wonder if I should rethink. I always thought of wool as so breathable (I myself wear it throughout the summer) I was hoping she wouldn't get as hot!

I used the Workhorse Fitteds from Green Mountain Diapers with great results.

If I were buying again, I'd get the no-closure kind over the snap kind, but that's personal preference, so YMMV.

As for the wool wrap covers, I used ImseVimse. They run a little narrow in the leg, but they worked fine for us. (Also, they were AWESOME for nap time with a pair of Hanna trainers underneath to keep the bed dry when we did modified 3-day potty training back in September.)