PDA

View Full Version : UTI question

DietCokeLover
03-11-2013, 03:32 PM
I have a UTI again. Ugh. I have some leftover antibiotics that I am going to take, as I don't really have time to get o the doctor. However, I have some blood in my urine. I have never had that before. Is that normal or should I be more concerned?

trcy
03-11-2013, 07:11 PM
You can have blood in your urine with a UTI. If it does not clear soon after starting the antibiotics I would call you doc though.

wellyes
03-11-2013, 07:19 PM
I wouldn't worry, it is a normal symptom of UTIs. But, do call the doctor for a refill. You really want to take the full course for UTI, they are notorious for roaring back with a vengeance if you don't take the full 10 days of pills. I know from experience more than once :bag

mom2224
03-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Not sure your antibiotic, but Cipro 500mg twice a day for 3 days will clear a UTI. I've BTDT and work with Urologists. I have ~ 2 UTIs per year. Drink lots of water and then more. Take AZO (OTC pyridium) for symptom relief. Hope you feel better soon.

LizLemon
03-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Not sure your antibiotic, but Cipro 500mg twice a day for 3 days will clear a UTI. I've BTDT and work with Urologists. I have ~ 2 UTIs per year. Drink lots of water and then more. Take AZO (OTC pyridium) for symptom relief. Hope you feel better soon.

It depends on the UTI and the cause - some bacteria are susceptible to it, but Cipro will not kill all bacteria. In some places the bacteria that cause UTIs are completely resistant to certain antibiotics such as Cipro or Bactrim.