PDA

View Full Version : Totally Random: Trader Joes Question

rachelh
03-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Does anyone know if Trader Joes makes a cookie that looks like a dog bone? I was there recently and saw some cat cookies (I think) and some other animal named cookies but I don't recall seeing anything dog related.

Also, does anyone have any snack ideas for a puppy themed toddler birthday party?

TIA!

kristenk
03-11-2013, 04:50 PM
How about the "Scooby Snacks" graham crackers shaped like dog bones?

If you go with a cats and dog theme, you could add the TJ cat cookies you mentioned in your OP and goldfish crackers.

Wilton sells a candy mold set that has a pet theme to it. Just saying that b/c I used those as cupcake decorations for DD's pet-themed party.

MommyAllison
03-11-2013, 04:58 PM
I'm going to TJs this evening and will try to check!

rachelh
03-11-2013, 05:11 PM
How about the "Scooby Snacks" graham crackers shaped like dog bones?

If you go with a cats and dog theme, you could add the TJ cat cookies you mentioned in your OP and goldfish crackers.

Wilton sells a candy mold set that has a pet theme to it. Just saying that b/c I used those as cupcake decorations for DD's pet-themed party.

Thank you for the suggestions. I will have to check out the Scooby Snacks - don't think I ever saw them before.

And DD2 is strictly a puppy girl. :)

kristenk
03-11-2013, 05:20 PM

I meant to say that I used those for DD's cats-and-dogs themed party. The mold does have a few dog-specific things on it.

I'm pretty sure Target carries the Scooby Snacks graham crackers.

Good luck! It's a fun theme to work with!

rlu
03-11-2013, 05:24 PM
Thank you for the suggestions. I will have to check out the Scooby Snacks - don't think I ever saw them before.

And DD2 is strictly a puppy girl. :)

Our Lucky grocery store chain carries the Scooby Snack graham cracker cookies. Keebler makes them in several flavors.
http://www.keebler.com/product-keebler-scooby-doo-graham-cracker-sticks-honey-3510.aspx

MamaMolly
03-11-2013, 06:56 PM
I've also seen 'puppy chow' served, just a mix of dry cereal. Super cute, and could be done sweet with cereal or savory with little snack food like goldfish crackers, pretzel nuggets, Chex cereal, etc.

One party even had the puppy chow in new dog dishes. Sooooooo cute!!!!

MommyAllison
03-12-2013, 01:26 AM
I'm going to TJs this evening and will try to check!

I checked the cookies and crackers, but didn't find anything dog related, sorry.

rachelh
03-12-2013, 09:47 AM
Thank you all for the great ideas!

And thank you Allison for saving me a trip!