PDA

View Full Version : How Many Pair of Unders? Sizing?

bostonsmama
03-11-2013, 04:48 PM
DD at 2.5 is finally PTing! We're accident-free night and day so far. It's exhilarating! I have 3 pair of HA training unders, but I think b/c we did cloth diapers, they're so cushy that they remind her of the prefolds we used. Before her recent "I wanna be a big girl" motivation, she would frequently pee through the trainers, less so with the junky Hello Kitty panties my mom got her from TJMaxx. Now she doesn't pee through anything, but I'm wondering if I want to go the HA route w/ regular underwear.

Long story short, how many pair of underwear do you keep on hand? Should I get the regular HA undies? I only have 3 or 4 HK panties (3 trainers). I'd like more since it seems like we're constantly running out and having to do wash. She likes to take all of her pants/panties off when she goes, and I find the HK ones are hard to pull up since they fit so well (snug, almost, but not tight?). Should I go up a size. She's in 3T clothing, but she has her dad's amazing bubble butt (jealous!) and narrow waist. The 2/3 seems small, and we did the small in HA trainers. What size should I get in regular ones at 31 lbs?

citymama
03-11-2013, 04:59 PM
We have 9 training unders and we need.them.all!

I have another 9 pairs of underwear for when she is reliably trained, but right now, if she has an accident, it's much easier with the trainers so I'm continuing to use them. I think 10-12 pair of underwear are plenty (but 6 is to few). My dd is about 27 lbs and the XS still have plenty of room. IIRC, DD1 wore size XS till she was 4, and she was much bigger than DD2 is.

lizzywednesday
03-12-2013, 09:36 AM
I hate doing laundry, so I have the following in DD's stash:

* 9 pair HA trainers (sz XS)
* 6 pr Cars underpants (sz 3T?)
* 6 pr Minnie Mouse underpants (sz 3T)
* 6 pr OshKosh underpants (sz 4)
* 3 pr TCP underpants (sz 3?)

She's wearing 3T clothing & has chunky thighs.

Of the stash, the Cars (OK, technically they're "boys'" underpants, but there's really nothing wrong with using them) and the Hannas are the best fit. I haven't washed the OshKosh ones ... and the cheapie "girl" unders have that annoying scalloped edge to the leg openings, so I don't blame DD for not wanting to wear them!

Honestly, I'd have at least 1 pair for every day of the week, but ideally 2, just in case. So 12-14 pair?

acmom
03-12-2013, 01:51 PM
I have a bunch (14+) for both kids and the majority of ours are Gymboree. I like to have bunch so that I can keep an extra in my purse, car, at school, at grandparents, etc. and not having to worry about moving those extras from place to place.

BabyBearsMom
03-12-2013, 01:56 PM
DD1 has about 20 pairs (she likes a fresh pair before bed so I go through at least 14 pairs per week. Ouse cheap undies that I get at Target. I don't like to spend $ on underpants that they grow out of very quickly and I don't reuse between children. She just grew out of the 2t/3t size a few weeks ago and she is almost 3.

hillview
03-12-2013, 03:12 PM
DSs are now fully trained of course and each has about 9 pair.

Simon
03-12-2013, 03:34 PM
Ds2 (3 yo) has probably 10 that fit well and another 4-5 as backups. I send 1 to school, keep 1 pair in each car and 1 in a diaper bag. That leaves 10 circulating in the house.

Ds1 is much older and he has about 8 pair, just enough to get past a week for laundry.