PDA

View Full Version : Any possible way to score a deal on City Select???

oneontheway
03-12-2013, 08:46 AM
I know... probably a stupid question but anyway to score a deal on the Baby Jogger City Select? I've been checking out ebay and I've registered for the amazon baby registry so potentially I'll get 10% off but with 6% tax... I'll still be paying over $600.

Are there ever applicable coupons for buybuybaby, albee, zappos, diapers.com or some of the other online vendors that carry the stroller?

TIA

lauti
03-12-2013, 08:55 AM
I don't know if Baby Jogger has put out their 2013 models yet but this time of year is usually a good one to get a deal on last years model.

Also check nobetterdeal.com though that requires some stalking to actually get something popular.

Unfortunately Baby Jogger is almost always excluded from coupons.

logan's mom
03-12-2013, 02:42 PM
I got a 2011 City Select from Albeebaby.com when the 2012s came out. I got it and the second seat for $432. My invoice is March 19th, so I would keep a lookout.

oneontheway
03-12-2013, 03:04 PM
I don't know if Baby Jogger has put out their 2013 models yet but this time of year is usually a good one to get a deal on last years model.

Also check nobetterdeal.com though that requires some stalking to actually get something popular.

Unfortunately Baby Jogger is almost always excluded from coupons.

Thanks, I'll keep checking nobetterdeal so far I haven't seen anything. I worry a little bit about them because I ordered a monitor that didn't work from them. However they did return it without any issues.

oneontheway
03-12-2013, 03:06 PM
I got a 2011 City Select from Albeebaby.com when the 2012s came out. I got it and the second seat for $432. My invoice is March 19th, so I would keep a lookout.

This is good to know and that is a GREAT price!!! Did you just keep checking the website?

I noticed that yesterday and today they have been offering a free seat with a Ted stroller. I actually tried to call them earlier today to see if they knew of anything coming up but was on hold forever.

logan's mom
03-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Yes, I just kept checking. I didn't need it till August but was already watching prices since I knew I could use it as a single until #2 was born.

AngB
03-12-2013, 05:16 PM
Thanks, I'll keep checking nobetterdeal so far I haven't seen anything. I worry a little bit about them because I ordered a monitor that didn't work from them. However they did return it without any issues.

They are iffy on electronics especially, DH got a PS3 that didn't work, but I just bought a Britax MA G3 for $150ish. The box was beat up but the carseat was still in the plastic with manuals attached and a date of manufacture of 12-2012. Awesome deal for it!

oneontheway
03-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Yes, I just kept checking. I didn't need it till August but was already watching prices since I knew I could use it as a single until #2 was born.

I just got off the phone with them and the lady was not very helpful. She said they did not run a special last year for the city select and that they won't be running any other stroller deals this month... not sure if she knew what she was talking about. Oh well guess I'll just keep checking.

daniele_ut
03-12-2013, 07:46 PM

I would be careful about buying anything really expensive from NBD. A few people on Car-seat.org have reported that they have had trouble getting manufacturers to honor the warranty on seats they have bought there because NBD isn't an authorized retailer.

logan's mom
03-12-2013, 08:33 PM
I just got off the phone with them and the lady was not very helpful. She said they did not run a special last year for the city select and that they won't be running any other stroller deals this month... not sure if she knew what she was talking about. Oh well guess I'll just keep checking.

Well, I guess technically it wasn't a special. They just dropped the price. I don't know if there was just one left and they were trying to get it out of the warehouse and I just happened to get it.

flygirl555
03-12-2013, 11:31 PM
We LOVE our double CS for our twins and take it EVERYWHERE.

BJ customer service is AMAZING! Recently, one of the handles to collapse the stroller cracked and BJ shipped us a brand new frame - no problem and no questions asked! (Note - there is lifetime warranty on the frame, but we had to prove that we were the original owners and purchased it from an authorized dealer - so another reason to consider paying a little more versus buying one used).

We bought our CS from Pish Posh Baby in October 2011 and, like the pp said, got a terrific deal because they were clearing out the previous year models. They have a section on their website for clearance and open-box items (but don't see any CSs on there today).

If you are going to buy the frame with a single seat and purchase the second seat separately, be sure the extra seat kit is compatible with the model year. When I bought mine, I seemed to remember reading that the 2012 second seat kit wasn't compatible with the 2011 frame (or maybe it was the 2010 seat kit - I don't recall). Call BJ customer serivice and they can tell you.

Also, if you are going to buy the car-seat attachment, call BJ cutomer service to make sure you are ordering the correct one. There are several BJ adaptors and it took three tries with Amazon before I received the correct one.

Best of luck!

krobbin
03-13-2013, 08:49 PM
I got my 2012 from eBay for $550 with second seat about one month ago. The store was having a 2 day sale, they are regular priced right now (http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2012-Amethyst-Purple-Baby-Jogger-City-Select-Stroller-second-seat-/370775148659?pt=Strollers&hash=item5653ebc873).

The stroller, I believe, was shipped from Baby Jogger itself and was authentic, shipping was also free (and no tax).

I'd watch eBay for sales too, if you feel comfortable with that sort of thing.

FYI: the carseat adaptor was updated July of 2012, the item number is BJ90321.

oneontheway
03-14-2013, 01:33 PM
I got my 2012 from eBay for $550 with second seat about one month ago. The store was having a 2 day sale, they are regular priced right now (http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2012-Amethyst-Purple-Baby-Jogger-City-Select-Stroller-second-seat-/370775148659?pt=Strollers&hash=item5653ebc873).

The stroller, I believe, was shipped from Baby Jogger itself and was authentic, shipping was also free (and no tax).

I'd watch eBay for sales too, if you feel comfortable with that sort of thing.

FYI: the carseat adaptor was updated July of 2012, the item number is BJ90321.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out. So far the lowest I've found is $575 no tax no ship for a 2013. Not too bad. Wish I knew if amazon was going to do another 20% event or if albeebaby will clearance the 2012.

oneontheway
03-14-2013, 01:34 PM
We LOVE our double CS for our twins and take it EVERYWHERE.

BJ customer service is AMAZING! Recently, one of the handles to collapse the stroller cracked and BJ shipped us a brand new frame - no problem and no questions asked! (Note - there is lifetime warranty on the frame, but we had to prove that we were the original owners and purchased it from an authorized dealer - so another reason to consider paying a little more versus buying one used).

We bought our CS from Pish Posh Baby in October 2011 and, like the pp said, got a terrific deal because they were clearing out the previous year models. They have a section on their website for clearance and open-box items (but don't see any CSs on there today).

If you are going to buy the frame with a single seat and purchase the second seat separately, be sure the extra seat kit is compatible with the model year. When I bought mine, I seemed to remember reading that the 2012 second seat kit wasn't compatible with the 2011 frame (or maybe it was the 2010 seat kit - I don't recall). Call BJ customer serivice and they can tell you.

Also, if you are going to buy the car-seat attachment, call BJ cutomer service to make sure you are ordering the correct one. There are several BJ adaptors and it took three tries with Amazon before I received the correct one.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye out for last year's model.

poohbear
03-15-2013, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye out for last year's model.

Contact Rick at Baby on the Run/Hip Baby Gear or Eric at Peppy Parents - usually they will help out a BBB mama ;) - they also post on these boards.

krobbin
03-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out. So far the lowest I've found is $575 no tax no ship for a 2013. Not too bad. Wish I knew if amazon was going to do another 20% event or if albeebaby will clearance the 2012.

I'm pretty sure there is no difference between the 2012/13 models, therefore I would not expect a clearance.

Albee baby does have a 2011 (http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger-2011-city-select-stroller-with-second-seat-kit-in-diamond.html) in diamond (you probably saw this) for $549.98 if you're interested.

BTW: for any who are wondering, my eBay purchase was through an authorized seller, so BJ would honor any warranty issues.

**$575 is a good price for a double btw!!!

jennilynn
04-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Onyx Baby Jogger City Select is on babyearth.com GaGa deals right now. Down to @$325 and dropping....
http://www.babyearth.com/baby-sale

Sold out at $275.

candaceb
04-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Peppy parents posted an open box on Facebook today.

oneontheway
04-05-2013, 05:16 PM
Onyx Baby Jogger City Select is on babyearth.com GaGa deals right now. Down to @$325 and dropping....
http://www.babyearth.com/baby-sale

Sold out at $275.

You soooooooo rock! I picked one up for $275! Awesome price from what I've seen. I still need a second seat but i can pick one up seperately.

Now what is a gaga deal? I'd never heard of this before? Does it affect warranties or anything else when buying this way?

Thank you so much!!

jennilynn
04-05-2013, 10:18 PM
So glad you got it oneontheway! I don't normally check baby earth but just happened to today and remembered your recent post

krobbin
04-06-2013, 08:53 AM
That's a nice deal, glad you got one!!

Fulline
04-06-2013, 08:55 AM
I would check out peppyparents.com I bought our city select about 2 months ago, they usually have a 20% off coupon floating around

oneontheway
04-06-2013, 09:09 AM
That's a nice deal, glad you got one!!

Thanks! I'm excited. Even if I pay full price for a second seat the total price would be $435!