PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in L.A. area with a Subaru?

PunkyBoo
03-12-2013, 12:07 PM
And living a somewhat green /organic lifestyle? My friend has a project for work so if any of you fit this description please send me a PM. Thanks!

AnnieW625
03-12-2013, 12:43 PM
I decided not to buy one because I didn't think all of the cold weather necessities like AWD were really necessary in our area. Also some of the "crunchy-ness" is part of the reason DH wasn't comfortable driving one all of the time, ESP. living somewhere where there isn't a whole lot of snow or rain (a heavy rain year for us 15 inches---I loved my 88 Subaru when I lived in Norcal where 20" rain was the norm!).:bag.

Now that I don't own one I swear I have seen either 5-10 WRX, Imprezas or Legacy sedans in Lakewood (most of them by the mall) in the last couple of weeks. Prior to that I saw maybe one WRX and an Outback or Forrester once or twice a month in the Target-Bellflower parking lot or somewhere down near 2nd Street.

twowhat?
03-12-2013, 01:24 PM
oops duplicate post

twowhat?
03-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Bummer, that'd be us, but not in the LA area:) Though we do own a Subaru in Texas, which is also "unusual" (and honestly probably wasteful...but at the time I wanted a car that not a lot of other people had, I loved the Forester styling and practical use of space for such a small car, and, well, I loved the turbo...zoom zoom...:bag) We do get snow here occasionally, and we get monster thunderstorms, and the Subie is great in both!