PDA

View Full Version : TjMaxx or Marshalls?

joonbug
03-12-2013, 12:32 PM
Whoch one do you prefer and why? I have both within few minutes of my house but for clothes and accessories, TjMaxx all the way even though they fairly have similar stuff! I usually find more cute stuff there.

SnuggleBuggles
03-12-2013, 12:40 PM
I usually find better stuff for me at TJ Maxx. Marshall's has a slight let up when it comes to shoes. eta- 2 of the 3 convenient shopping plazas near me have both TJ Maxx and Marshall's just a few stores apart. Very handy.

brittone2
03-12-2013, 12:40 PM
I prefer TJ Maxx but live much closer to a Marshalls. I have a lot of retail nearby, but for some reason I live 30 mins from each of the closest TJM stores.

edited to add: I have super small feet and Marshalls rarely has anything in that size, so I can't even give them points for shoe selection.

sunshine873
03-12-2013, 12:43 PM
Definitely TJMaxx! Marshall's has some good prices from time to time, but a lot of their things (and their displays, etc) seem junky. I feel like I need to examine things at Marshall's too closely for problems. TJMaxx is a lot more of a pleasant shopping experience. :)

lcarlson90
03-12-2013, 12:44 PM
TJ Maxx for purses and clothes and Marshall's for shoes.

Indianamom2
03-12-2013, 12:46 PM
TJ Maxx for homegoods and Marshalls for shoes. I don't buy many clothes from either, but the selection is similar around here.

wellyes
03-12-2013, 01:32 PM
I think you have to judge on a store-by-store basis. We have a gnarly TJ Maxx near me and a very nice one a few miles down the road.

hellokitty
03-12-2013, 01:47 PM
TJ Maxx for purses and clothes and Marshall's for shoes.

Yup. This is exactly how I feel about the two stores. For some reason I also think tjmaxx is a nicer store. Most Marshalls seem over cluttered.

ett
03-12-2013, 02:12 PM
I think you have to judge on a store-by-store basis. We have a gnarly TJ Maxx near me and a very nice one a few miles down the road.

:yeahthat: That has been my experience as well. The stores at certain locations are nicer.

AnnieW625
03-12-2013, 02:22 PM

:yeahthat: although the nicest TJ Maxx is near my work, so 20 miles from home, but that is in Irvine so it has a higher income level to serve than the other two in my area. Both of TJ Maxx in my general area pretty gnarly. The 3 Marshalls on the other hand are pretty nice (all are within 5-7 miles of my house). I am proud of myself though I haven't been inside the Marshalls or the Home Goods that are 1/2 mile from my house and are new. Marshalls is so much more tempting to me than shopping at Target.

joonbug
03-12-2013, 02:49 PM
It is funny because they do carry similar things clotheswise but the other day, I spent an hour at Marshalls, tried on a bunch of things but didn't like much and then went to TjMaxx last weekend abd made out like a bandit lol, 5 tops, leather bag, ironing board cover and a couple oven mitts for the kitchen and spent around 130... Actually, the same Sak leather bag was 10 cheaper at TjMaxx...

DrSally
03-12-2013, 09:21 PM
TJ Maxx for homegoods and Marshalls for shoes. I don't buy many clothes from either, but the selection is similar around here.

:yeahthat: