PDA

View Full Version : Baked pasta

Sweetum
03-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Oh yummm! I made it last night..
about 8oz of dry pasta
about 1 jar of Trader Joe's tomato basil marinara
a few tablespoons oil (olive oil preferred)
a teaspoon of salt

Heat oven to 450deg. Toss all of the ingredients together (yes, the pasta stays dry). Transfer to a casserole dish which has been greased with butter or oil. Cover with foil and let bake for 1 hour. After baking, let stand for 5 minutes or so and the dig in! It was delicious and sooooo easy. Next time I am thinking I'll put some veggies in there (maybe zucchini and carrots).

I made some lentil salad on the side.

trentsmom
03-12-2013, 08:33 PM
That sounds really simple and yummy! I have the ingredients, so I'll have to try this soon.

sophiesmom03
03-12-2013, 09:04 PM
It was not too salty with 1tablespoon of salt?

Sweetum
03-12-2013, 11:40 PM
gosh I need ot change that!!!! thanks.

anamika
03-23-2013, 09:18 PM
Thanks for sharing this. It was delicious and easy to make. Really exceeded my expectations!
The pasta took up so much more flavor from the sauce than just tossing in the sauce after cooking. I also added some water half way through the baking (started reading online that others added water so panicked and added it!) and it seemed to make my pasta more cooked if that makes sense. I also added cheese and chopped kale.
I have thinking about doing some no-cook pasta recipes but never seemed to get around to it till I saw this.
I think I will make 2 batches next time.

LizLemon
03-23-2013, 10:52 PM
That's pretty cool. Does the pasta come out al dente? Somehow my daughter does not like pasta, which makes me question her parentage, but this is easy enough that it is still worth a try!