PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy art supplies?

ahisma
03-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Our art supply shelf is pretty sad looking, unless you count crayons and markers as good enough. I need to do some pretty serious restocking. Is there a decent place online, or am I better off sticking with Michaels, etc.?

ourbabygirl
03-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Yeah, my kids are just 2 and 4, but I buy things from Target, Michael's, and sometimes the Dollar Store.

LMPC
03-12-2013, 09:38 PM
I try to stock up when back to school sales are going on but barring that...target and the dollar store are our go-to's

Kestrel
03-12-2013, 09:43 PM
We get a lot of basic drawing paper/construction paper/coloring books at the dollar store (Dollar Tree, where we are). Also some items like pom-poms and seasonal stuff. Glue/paste/tape we get only at back-to-school time, generally from Target or Office Max.
Craft store we go to only for specialty things like model glue and glitter. It tends to be expensive, but there are often coupons in the local paper for Michaels, or Joann Fabrics has an OK customer loyalty program that sends out flyers/coupons both in print and email.

citymama
03-13-2013, 02:29 AM
We have a Joanns not too far away, but usually at Target. We've bought nicer stuff at a local toy store.

wifecat
03-13-2013, 10:06 AM
I buy a lot of supplies through Discount School Supply. They have awesome construction paper that is bright and doesn't fade in the sun, Colorations paints/liquid watercolors/other materials are SO nice/fun/easy to work with, I buy our paint brushes there, our thick watercolor paper (waaaay nicer than what's at Michael's), our regular heavy white paper, google eyes, feathers, rhinestones stickums, foam stickums, glue, sand art supplies...we like art. ;-)

My favorite art supply was from Michael's - slick stix by Crayola. They're like oil pastels in an easier to use format. LOVE them. Got a 12pk and used a 50% off coupon. Also bought do-a-dots there for cheap with a coupon.