PDA

View Full Version : Where to find a very large, thick shag area rug?

dukie41181
03-12-2013, 10:22 PM
We are looking for an area rug that is at least 10-11ftx13ft. We'd like a really thick, nice shag rug in a neutral. An suggestions where to find it?! I have found a few in a similar size but they aren't really thick and plush or I have found the thick and really plush ones but their biggest size is 8x10.

mmsmom
03-12-2013, 10:56 PM
I have found some larger ones on Overstock.com

Another option is to go to a carpet store or Home Depot/Lowe's, etc. and pick out what you like and have it bound in the size you need. It is usually cheaper than an area rug.

twowhat?
03-12-2013, 11:05 PM
Budget?

We have the C&B Memphis rug and it is HEAVENLY and I've been impressed with the quality. NO shedding, and when we had an incident with our dog and raw Thanksgiving turkey guts, we had a carpet cleaner come out and shampoo it and it came out like new.

It is SUPER thick and SUPER soft - so much thicker and softer than the shags I've seen at Costco. We've had it a couple years now and it still looks like new.

However, at 9 x 12 feet, it might be a tad short for your needs...
http://www.crateandbarrel.com/memphis-stone-9x12-rug/s659081

dukie41181
03-12-2013, 11:05 PM
I have found some larger ones on Overstock.com

Another option is to go to a carpet store or Home Depot/Lowe's, etc. and pick out what you like and have it bound in the size you need. It is usually cheaper than an area rug.

I didn't know you could do that!

sariana
03-12-2013, 11:24 PM

Yep. And most carpet comes on 12' rolls (sometimes 15'), so that would work out perfectly. The warehouse stores (Lowe's, HD) usually have big rolls of stock carpets right in the store, but I don't know how thick they are. But that might be the most economical option.

BDKmom
03-12-2013, 11:34 PM
We had carpet bound into a rug and it worked out really well. We needed 12x12 and didn't want to spend a fortune. We tried Home Depot to get carpet bound, but IIR, it was going to be a lot more than what they charged us at the carpet store, so I would check around.

lovin2shop
03-12-2013, 11:40 PM
Our Lowe's always seems to have a crazy good selection of inexpensive rugs, I would definitely check there to see if they have anything that fits the bill.

jd11365
03-12-2013, 11:52 PM

Yes, you can! Go to your local carpet store, they have more of a selection, it's cheaper, and you're supporting local small business.