PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic floor tiles...rehab? replace?

mommy111
03-12-2013, 11:15 PM
We have these old, old ceramic tiles in our kitchen and bathroom that look absolutely ugly. I was wondering what I can do to either rehab the or a DIY replacement. If I could find something quick and easy that would just go over the ceramic tiles (?laminate) and that I could just stick on, I would love that. I am not handy at all, so tearing out the tiles to replace would need a handyman which I can't afford for now

ArizonaGirl
03-12-2013, 11:28 PM
I will have to update later this week because we are ripping our old tile out ourselves...

We hate it and got a smokin' deal to install new tile and replace some of the carpet too.

mommy111
03-13-2013, 12:12 AM
I will have to update later this week because we are ripping our old tile out ourselves...

We hate it and got a smokin' deal to install new tile and replace some of the carpet too.
Where from the smoking deal? If its a large box retailer, do tell :)

ArizonaGirl
03-13-2013, 11:40 PM
We actually went to a place called Floor & Decor (a warehouse, DIY kind of place) and near the register they had a bunch of cards for independent contractors and we went with one of them.

They are the same people that a lot of the smaller tile and specialty flooring places use when they install the tile, they just mark up the install quite a bit for their profit.

We bought the grout and the thin set from Floor and Decor and the tile we liked was on sale at Home Depot so we are ready (labor is going to be about $2 per square foot).

HTH