PDA

View Full Version : Veronica Mars fans..

amatahrain
03-13-2013, 01:48 PM
I know from a couple of recent tv threads that we have some Veronica Mars fans among us. They are trying to fund a movie through donations and they made a really cool short video. Even if you don't donate the movie was really funny and I SO hope they raise enough to finally make the movie!

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/kristen-bell-and-rob-thomas-launch-veronica-mars-movie-kickstarter-campaign

sidmand
03-13-2013, 01:56 PM
I just forwarded that to DH. I loved Veronica Mars (have the DVDs). I may have to contribute the $35. I get EW but never saw anything about this. Thanks for posting. (BTW, have you seen Burning Love? I don't know how it's related but lots of Veronica Mars people: Ken Marino, Kristen Bell, Ryan Hansen...)

quinnsmom
03-13-2013, 02:00 PM
I was so sad when this show ended. Love it.

amatahrain
03-13-2013, 02:04 PM
I just forwarded that to DH. I loved Veronica Mars (have the DVDs). I may have to contribute the $35. I get EW but never saw anything about this. Thanks for posting. (BTW, have you seen Burning Love? I don't know how it's related but lots of Veronica Mars people: Ken Marino, Kristen Bell, Ryan Hansen...)

I haven't seen it but I'll check it out. I guess they loved working together on VM so they've written as many VM's actors as possible in to Burning Love. I wish Jason Dohring was on it.

Tenasparkl
03-13-2013, 02:09 PM
I haven't seen it but I'll check it out. I guess they loved working together on VM so they've written as many VM's actors as possible in to Burning Love. I wish Jason Dohring was on it.

Party Down has lots of Veronica Mars folks too.

Corie
03-13-2013, 02:20 PM
I love Veronica Mars!! :)

TwinFoxes
03-13-2013, 02:23 PM
I was a big VM fan! Burning Love was hilarious. It's web only, FYI to people who are looking for it. The person in the panda suit has to be one of the best reveals ever.

sidmand
03-13-2013, 02:42 PM
I was a big VM fan! Burning Love was hilarious. It's web only, FYI to people who are looking for it. The person in the panda suit has to be one of the best reveals ever.

Not web only right now (it may be second season or repeats of first?). It's on E!, only up to the third episode.

amatahrain
03-13-2013, 03:33 PM
Not web only right now (it may be second season or repeats of first?). It's on E!, only up to the third episode.

Thanks I just set it up to record on dvr. There is an episode on right now actually. I'll have to watch the first episode online then catch-up.

chiisai
03-13-2013, 05:35 PM
holy cow, they are already 3/4 there! That's awesome. I so loved this show. Totally excited!

elbenn
03-13-2013, 05:54 PM
Great show! I haven't watched the video, but I thought the problem with making a VM movie was that they couldn't get the studio to release the rights to the show?

rlu
03-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Great show! I haven't watched the video, but I thought the problem with making a VM movie was that they couldn't get the studio to release the rights to the show?

The movie will go through WB (which has the rights) so in essence by raising this amount the fans are showing they care enough to justify the expense for WB of promoting and releasing the movie.

I want a t-shirt but that's not a drop in the bucket for us.

Corie
03-13-2013, 07:32 PM
I think the main characters of Veronica Mars should each contribute
toward the movie too.

amatahrain
03-13-2013, 10:52 PM
They already made goal. I am so excited :) This is one of my top 3 favorite shows ever!!! If you haven't seen it then you really should!

rlu
03-13-2013, 11:25 PM
I think the main characters of Veronica Mars should each contribute
toward the movie too.

They are "working cheap" I believe.

LizLemon
03-13-2013, 11:52 PM
We contributed :)

chiisai
03-14-2013, 07:34 AM
Excellent that they made it. Can't wait!