PDA

View Full Version : Is she dropping her nap?

KLD313
03-13-2013, 04:30 PM
DD is freaking out every time I put her down for a nap for the past week. A couple of times she screamed and then went to sleep but the past couple of days she's fighting it so hard. Today she was sceaming like I was torturing her and would not let me change her diaper in her room because she knew the crib was next. The last three days she hasn't napped because she was so hysterical I didn't even bother.

Now I'm wondering if I'm making a mistake by not putting her in her crib and at least trying. I can't find all the what age did they stop napping threads so idk if 2.5 is common or not.

Thoughts?

anonomom
03-13-2013, 04:33 PM
DD2 dropped her nap around 2.5. She started not wanting to go down at her normal naptime and with DD1, our schedule did not allow for a later nap. So she gave it up entirely except for the occasional carseat nap.

For your sake, I hope this is just a phase and that she'll be sleeping again soon. You can always tell her she needs to be in her crib for a certain amount of time, even if she doesn't sleep. Set her up with some books/safe toys, tell her she can play quietly, and see what happens.

wellyes
03-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Are you in a place that does daylight savings time? That has made this week extra hard for everyone with toddlers, I think.

joonbug
03-13-2013, 05:09 PM
DD started dropping naps after her 3rd birthday... She didnt get hysterical, just falling asleep took longer than the actual nap. I hope it is just the daylight saving time fluke and she will go back to napping! I like the no nap days NOW but the transition from nap to no nap was ROUGH.

KLD313
03-13-2013, 05:31 PM
Yes, we're on daylight savings time but she started this last week. Ugh! She also hasn't upped her bedtime so idk why this kid doesn't need sleep. DS switched it up, too. Now he doesn't nap until late after noon and he's up until 12:30 am. I'm so tired.

flashy09
03-13-2013, 09:02 PM
Yes, we're on daylight savings time but she started this last week. Ugh! She also hasn't upped her bedtime so idk why this kid doesn't need sleep. DS switched it up, too. Now he doesn't nap until late after noon and he's up until 12:30 am. I'm so tired.

What would happen if you just put DS to bed at 630 and made his nap bedtime? Like if he wakes up, keep him in the dark and treat it like a night waking rather than a true wake up?

KLD313
03-13-2013, 10:33 PM
What would happen if you just put DS to bed at 630 and made his nap bedtime? Like if he wakes up, keep him in the dark and treat it like a night waking rather than a true wake up?

Hmm idk. I never really thought of that. Lol. He's wide awake right now, though. I could give that a try, thanks for the idea.