PDA

View Full Version : St. Patrick's Day...help!!

SASM
03-13-2013, 07:27 PM
I would LOVE if all of you creative parents could help me!! Our leprechaun Blarney ALWAYS makes an appearance on St. Patrick's Day. Usually he magically turns our milk green (sadly, no milk this year), makes a little mess in the kids' rooms, leaves magic dust (gold and green glitter) in the toilet, and leaves a magic trail (more glitter) around the house as he searches for gold. Unfortunately, we have two issues this year: 1) we are out of town for a weekend competition and 2) our house is on the market. I am trying to think of NEAT things that Blarney could do without leaving a mess, should we have a viewing while we are out of town. The glitter in the toilet is fine but I am stumped otherwise. Any suggestions?? My only thought is for my kids to leave a note for the potential buyers pardoning our possible leprechaun mess. Anything thoughts? I could bake cookies or something but they would sit out for 3 days...not a good idea. :(

THANK YOU!!!

BunnyBee
03-13-2013, 07:34 PM
Can he visit your hotel room? If we go out of town in December, our elf tags along too. :)

ahisma
03-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Green marshmallows? What about hidden notes leading to a treasure (or a hidden mess). You could just have one note out in the open, the rest could be hidden.

dowlinal
03-13-2013, 08:19 PM
Our leprechaun has left green cookies here before.

SASM
03-13-2013, 09:15 PM
Can he visit your hotel room? If we go out of town in December, our elf tags along too. :)

Our elf tags along, too, but our kids made this huge leprechaun tap that I definitely do not want to bring along and set up. ;)

MamaMolly
03-13-2013, 09:22 PM
How about Blarney writes your kids a letter and you have it waiting in the mailbox when you get home? Glitter in the envelope. He could write a silly riddle leading to a hidden treat in the house, like green apples, potato chips, etc?

SASM
03-13-2013, 09:23 PM
Green marshmallows? What about hidden notes leading to a treasure (or a hidden mess). You could just have one note out in the open, the rest could be hidden.

Actually, that's a good idea!! We do not eat sugar, HFCS, etc so if Blarney left marshmallows it would soooooo throw my kids off, should there be any doubt! :)

SASM
03-13-2013, 09:26 PM
Our leprechaun has left green cookies here before.
I was thinking about that but I do not want cookies left out for 3 days. :(

SASM
03-13-2013, 09:27 PM
How about Blarney writes your kids a letter and you have it waiting in the mailbox when you get home? Glitter in the envelope. He could write a silly riddle leading to a hidden treat in the house, like green apples, potato chips, etc?

I love that, Molly! Thank you!!

ABO Mama
03-13-2013, 09:49 PM
If milk is out, how about green colored juice?

kristenk
03-13-2013, 10:01 PM
I'm assuming you just don't want a mess left out while you're gone and you're trying to have something ready to go for when you get back with the kids. Is that correct?

One year, our leprechaun left green and gold balloons. The balloons were blown up and had glitter and gold coins inside. You had to pop the balloons (and release the "mess") to get to the treasure (chocolate coins, etc) inside. Something like that might work.

jenstring95
03-13-2013, 10:46 PM
What about green water?

SASM
03-15-2013, 06:28 AM
I'm assuming you just don't want a mess left out while you're gone and you're trying to have something ready to go for when you get back with the kids. Is that correct?

One year, our leprechaun left green and gold balloons. The balloons were blown up and had glitter and gold coins inside. You had to pop the balloons (and release the "mess") to get to the treasure (chocolate coins, etc) inside. Something like that might work.

LOVE that! :)