PDA

View Full Version : E-invitation service where guests cannot see each other/who has RSVP-ed, etc?

buttercup
03-13-2013, 08:53 PM
I think on evite anyone can see anything. I do not want other guests to see who else I've invited and what they've responded? Does this exist? Many thanks!

Globetrotter
03-13-2013, 08:55 PM
you have that option on evite, too

barkley1
03-13-2013, 09:23 PM
you have that option on evite, too

:yeahthat:

But I have to admit, I am annoyed when people do it, lol! I suppose they have their reasons, but I am nosy!!

AnnieW625
03-13-2013, 09:27 PM
I get why people do it, but honestly it irks me because ESP. now in a school setting I much prefer to not have to catch myself putting my foot in my mouth if I accidentally say something about a party or event someone else isn't invited to. IMHO if you are going to block the guest list just send out paper invites instead!

buttercup
03-13-2013, 09:46 PM
Not to worry, my motives are benign. Having a huge party and inviting the world, but I expect RSVP rate to be low (for that reason). So I do not want people to see all the "Who are you and why are you inviting us to your all day pig roast" type answers :)

AtlantaMom
03-13-2013, 10:13 PM
I think it is fairly simple to do this on Paperless Post. It may even default to this, but if it doesn't, I know that it gives you the option very clearly.

fauve01
03-13-2013, 10:51 PM
But I have to admit, I am annoyed when people do it!!

:yeahthat: i mean we would all see each othr at the party, right? what is the big secret?

buttercup
03-13-2013, 11:01 PM
Thanks everyone. It really was a technical question which was answered. Do appreciate everyone's thoughts of course. :)

citymama
03-13-2013, 11:57 PM
I do it sometimes on Evite and here's why: if you add more guests later, they don't know that they were invited say 2 weeks after most others. I hate when I'm invited to a party and I see that most replies dated back several weeks and I was clearly an afterthought!

sidmand
03-14-2013, 08:34 AM
I do it sometimes on Evite and here's why: if you add more guests later, they don't know that they were invited say 2 weeks after most others. I hate when I'm invited to a party and I see that most replies dated back several weeks and I was clearly an afterthought!

:yeahthat:

Although they really weren't an afterthought...we had a specific number of invitees we were allowed. We had too many to invite so as soon as one said "no" I'd add another. It really wasn't an A list/B list kind of thing and I didn't want people to feel bad. But I get it. I like to see who else is going so we can carpool or so I can prep DS in advance and I had to take that option away.

zag95
03-14-2013, 04:30 PM
my friend just used Greenenvelope for her daughter's party- it's like a paper invite- but electronic- so only the recipient sees the invite and not everyone else who got it.

I think my friend bought the "invite" off etsy and then downloaded it into the greenenvelope.....

HTH!