PDA

View Full Version : First class with 15 month old?

flashy09
03-14-2013, 08:32 PM
It's the same price so I want to jump on it....but is it super rude considering i use a rear facing carseat that may block recline and there is the possibility she may cry? She's usually good and it's during nap time, but who knows.

kaharris83
03-14-2013, 08:42 PM
I don't see why not. My DH just flew to Hawaii first class and sat next to Peyton Manning. His wife and their twins were also in first class right behind them. One in a car seat. As a flight attendant I saw lots of kids in first class.

DS1 has been on 17 flight RFing and no one has ever complained, most just recline anyway and rest against his seat.

Philly Mom
03-14-2013, 08:44 PM
Personally I would not RF in that situation. I took DD in first class, an upgrade, when she was a lap baby. The people around us were great. I am not sure they would have been so nice if I was blocking someone's seat. Fwiw, I don't RF DD on planes anyway so take what I say with that in mind.

MamaMolly
03-14-2013, 09:03 PM
IIRC the forces at work are different in a plane than in a car so rear facing isn't any safer than FF. I'd totally book it, and see if you can choose your seats. If you can get the first row it should be a non issue no matter how the car seat goes.

Liziz
03-14-2013, 09:09 PM
Yes, I would absolutely do it. (Are you kidding? Same price to fly first class?? jump on it!) I agree with the PP, my understanding is that RF isn't as important/protective in an airplane, so I would choose to FF -- but either way, yes, buy that ticket!

hillview
03-14-2013, 09:12 PM
yup and I would be fine with FF

edurnemk
03-14-2013, 09:13 PM
Yes I would! But I also don't RF convertible seats on planes, first class or economy, especially for a long flight because I don't think it's fair to block someone's seat, and I think that's worse than the possibility of the child kicking the seat.

If you can get the first aisle, RF would not be a problem, IMHO.

nmosur
03-14-2013, 10:22 PM
If you are flying first class then RF will not block another persons seat - the seats are set far apart unlike economy.

gatorsmom
03-14-2013, 10:28 PM
There is no point in RF because it won't protect your baby any more than forward facing will, iirc from reading I've done and discussions here.

Iiwy, I'd totally go first class, I'd bring the seat and ff with it.

Enjoy your flight!

mom2binsd
03-14-2013, 10:35 PM
I RF for reasons other than safety....first, kicking the seat and also being able to feed baby and being able to hand them things.

If the person in front of you does recline in front of a FF seat, the seat back in RIGHT in their face.

I've been on so many flights where my seat never reclined because of malfunction that I don't think it's that big of deal.

Like others said, the spacing in FC will be fine anyway.