PDA

View Full Version : What type of electronic calendar do you use?

jerseygirl07067
03-15-2013, 12:13 AM
DH and I both have android phones and now that he is working 2 hours away all week, I want to start using an electronic calendar that we both can access to. I've always kept a traditional paper calendar at home, which is helpful for the kids to see too, but when I'm out and about, it would be great to have access to my calendar to see if there are already conflicts when scheduling things.

Which one do you use? Some of my friends IRL use Cozi and Google Calendar. It has to be something compatible with android.

TIA!

BayGirl2
03-15-2013, 12:39 AM
I use Outlook, so does DH. I've always had my phone synced with my work calendar, but even if I didn't I'd probably buy the individual version of Outlook. When we have a family thing we send invites to each other and mark them Private so they aren't visible to colleagues we calendar share with.

I'm a big believer in 1 calendar that's accessible to you anywhere - PC, phone, iPad, etc. Keep everything in it, work and personal, so you don't have overlaps. In other words if you or your DH already have a work calendar you should build from there.

I was a big Daytimer (paper) user starting in HS but have been 100% electronic since maybe 1997. I'm amazed at how many people still use paper calendars, I thought they went away with Tab!

citymama
03-15-2013, 02:07 AM
Google - on my laptop and phone.

WatchingThemGrow
03-15-2013, 05:45 AM
google on everything

azazela
03-15-2013, 05:52 AM
We use Google calendar. I love the CalenGoo app for the iPhone and my hubby uses the app on his iPad too. It's a bit pricey for an app, but totally worth it to get the full functionality of the calendar on a tiny phone screen. I use the newer Outlook (will color categories) at work and like it fine for that but don't really use any of the sharing options there because many of my colleagues don't use it in the same way I do and inviting them to events would be pointless.

chiisai
03-15-2013, 07:31 AM
We use Cozi. I love it, love the reminders, though I'm guessing other apps do that too.

alexsmommy
03-15-2013, 07:41 AM
Google.

Though DH is horrible about checking it so I also have a dry erase family calendar which helps remind him whats up and is good for the boys too.

o_mom
03-15-2013, 08:14 AM
Google calendar here as well. Our only problem is that DH can't access it from work (firewall). He can see it on his phone, though, so that works.

maestramommy
03-15-2013, 08:16 AM
I use Google calendar. Both dh and I have androids, and it's very handy. I love that I can update from either my computer or my phone, and Dh can see it right away if necessary. Actually I love that about google period:D

wellyes
03-15-2013, 08:46 AM
Google Calendar and the Calendar app by Readdle. Don't know if they make an android version (or if you'd need one, maybe android phones actually work well with Google calendar w/o an app).

kdeunc
03-15-2013, 09:14 AM
DH and I use google--calengoo on our ipones. I still like a paper calendar but am coming around to electronic. :)

TwoBees
03-15-2013, 09:22 AM
We use Google calendar. DH has his synced with his office Outlook calendar. I still use a paper calendar because I like to see the entire month at once, but I enter everything into the Google calendar so DH knows what's going on.

Mommy_Mea
03-15-2013, 09:43 AM
Google. I used to use my work outlook calendar for everything, events, birthdays, etc. then I got laid off and lost everything :-(

When I was on maternity leave with ds1, I needed to keep track of doctors appointments and play dates, so I started using google.

I share my calendar with DH, and send events to him, but he never checks it. So I have a paper calendar in the kitchen that I put critical items on.

specialp
03-15-2013, 10:23 AM
Google. DH doesn't check it, but I set everything up with email reminders and forward him the emails which he appreciates.

belovedgandp
03-15-2013, 11:59 AM
Another vote for Google. DH and I share are calendars so we see everything on both (DH has two a personal and a work one, so I don't get all that work junk too).

I have a calendar app on my android phone that syncs up well.

I still print a one page 2-4 week calendar to stick on the the side of the fridge for everyone to see. Easy to do straight from google and let's the kids visualize things. Plus I'm bad about leaving my cell in the car and being on the house line in my kitchen making plans.

TwinFoxes
03-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Google. Super easy.

khm
03-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Google Calendar and Outlook using the Google Calendar Sync app.

My husband primarily uses Outlook for work and for home, I use the Google stuff 90% of the time, but do still have Outlook. I like being able to see my Google calendar from my laptop, my PC, my work computer, my iPad, etc etc etc. I have it color-coded and beautiful! It's a masterpiece. ;)

I can see his calendar through the Google site. He never goes to the Google site, but if he did, he could see mine too.

I set up all the kid appointments and "invite" him. I typically do email and pop-up reminders. If something changes, he gets notified.

I'm always on the lookout for a different app to actually view the Calendar on my phone, they all have pluses and minues, I've not found a perfect one yet. It's just hard to view a zillion activities on a phone. I do still print out a month here or there from Google Calendar and keep it with the school stuff if its a particularly crazy time. There is just something about seeing it all laid out in a real calendar format that sinks into my brain better.

tmahanes
03-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Google. Super easy.

Yeah that! I love Google Calendar and use it for all of our stuff

Sent from my DROID RAZR

MaiseyDog
03-15-2013, 02:11 PM
Google Calendar and Outlook using the Google Calendar Sync app.

My husband primarily uses Outlook for work and for home, I use the Google stuff 90% of the time, but do still have Outlook. I like being able to see my Google calendar from my laptop, my PC, my work computer, my iPad, etc etc etc. I have it color-coded and beautiful! It's a masterpiece. ;)

Just as a heads up, google has discontinued google calendar sync. IF you have it installed already, you can continue to use it, but you can't download it anymore. I got a new computer at work and can no longer sync my work outlook calendar with my google calendar which DH and I use for family stuff(at least I can't do it easily and I've been too busy to figure out how to get them connected).

google sync (http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2716936)

khm
03-15-2013, 02:18 PM
Just as a heads up, google has discontinued google calendar sync. IF you have it installed already, you can continue to use it, but you can't download it anymore. I got a new computer at work and can no longer sync my work outlook calendar with my google calendar which DH and I use for family stuff(at least I can't do it easily and I've been too busy to figure out how to get them connected).

google sync (http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2716936)

Whoops, I had heard that. :) Annoying! I think you can still find it "out there"....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2056616

Cam&Clay
03-15-2013, 02:50 PM
I use Outlook at work, but Google for home stuff. I have Calengoo on my iPhone. LOVE IT!