PDA

View Full Version : What to buy for shower present for 3rd baby, a surprise?

KpbS
03-15-2013, 07:52 AM
An acquaintance of mine is due very soon with her third. She has 2 adorable boys (preschoolers) and a surprise on the way. Any suggestions?

DietCokeLover
03-15-2013, 08:17 AM
Maybe a basket of diapers, wipes, new burp rags, pacifiers, etc. essential things you will always need for baby.

SnuggleBuggles
03-15-2013, 08:54 AM
I'd get something new and fun. What is hot now for new babies and moms? I have no idea. :)

Or, I'd buy clothes simply b/c a 3rd baby will probably be using a lot of hand me downs...it's nice to have new stuff sometimes. A blanket for the same reason could be nice too.

I'd grab Spot It Jr. for her other kiddos too. :)

elbenn
03-15-2013, 09:29 AM
Maybe some cute new pajamas or an outfit. Or maybe some long-sleeved bibs (they are so useful!). I don't know if you are looking for something for the siblings, but if you are this is really cute:

http://www.amazon.com/My-New-Baby-Me-Brothers/dp/0684187124/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1363353789&sr=1-1&keywords=metropolitan+new+baby

zag95
03-15-2013, 10:28 AM
A new outfit or two_ in larger sizes if possible
New burp towels- I use diapers
Diapers or diapering items (diaper cream etc)
Pacifiers/binkies
A new bib or two
Maybe a new book?

We have 2DDs and #2 pretty much has worn big sisters clothes..... so new outfits are nice!

anonomom
03-15-2013, 11:24 AM
A wubbanub and/or a nice, lightweight swaddling blanket.

klwa
03-15-2013, 12:37 PM
You mention that #3 was a surprise. Does she still have a lot of her other two children's baby things? We weren't planning on a third after DD1 & gave away a LOT before we decided to try for our third. So many people tell me that we "don't need anything!" since we have "everything" left over from DD1, but really we have had to buy a lot of stuff because we gave DD1's clothes, etc. away. So, if they're like us, clothes were wonderful! (I like having some special outfits for DD2 anyway, so even if we still had everything, I'd love to get a couple of cute outfits.)

Mopey
03-15-2013, 12:39 PM
Maybe a prenatal massage if it's not too pricey for you? I was so exhausted being pregnant I can't imagine what it's like with other kids you have to take care of!

KpbS
03-15-2013, 02:55 PM
Thanks for all of the suggestions! Any ideas for some cute gender neutral clothing that would be from a brick and mortar store? They aren't finding out girl/boy and it seems like everything is so tailored specifically these days...

candaceb
03-15-2013, 02:57 PM
Zutano makes some really cute gender neutral stuff - you would find it in an upscale boutique though.

bisous
03-15-2013, 03:02 PM
I'd get a new blanket. Each of my kids had their own signature blanket. It is nice with lots of kids to have SOMETHING that is new and just all yours!

sweet_pea
03-15-2013, 03:16 PM
Zutano makes some really cute gender neutral stuff - you would find it in an upscale boutique though.

Amazon carries Zutano also. Nice, very soft stuff!

chottumommy
03-15-2013, 03:23 PM
Amazon carries Zutano also. Nice, very soft stuff!

and its quite cheap most of the time. I got most sets for DS2 for less than $12 a set on Amazon.

hellokitty
03-15-2013, 05:44 PM
I'd get a small baby item and then something nice for mom to pamper her, depending on what her tastes are.

edurnemk
03-15-2013, 06:04 PM
Thanks for all of the suggestions! Any ideas for some cute gender neutral clothing that would be from a brick and mortar store? They aren't finding out girl/boy and it seems like everything is so tailored specifically these days...

Baby Gap has some neutral stuff.

mcmanutm
03-15-2013, 10:45 PM
That's nice that they are having a shower for her! :) I have two boys as well and am preggo with my third right now (a girl!!!)

A teacher friend of mine gave me the cutest and best book ever! It's called "You're All My Favorites" by Sam McBratney
It's about three little bears, each wondering how all of them can be mom & dad's "favorites." I about cried when I read it....too cute!

http://www.amazon.com/Youre-Favorites-Audio-Candlewick-Storybook/dp/0763651583/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1363401388&sr=1-2&keywords=youre+all+my+favorites

PreSchool-K–The creators of Guess How Much I Love You (Candlewick, 1995) offer another reassuring tale. Each night, Mommy and Daddy Bear tuck in their three beloved cubs with the same phrase, "You are the most wonderful baby bears in the whole wide world!" Well, even little bears are discerning enough to doubt hyperbole and so they question their mother's empirical basis for this observation. Her reply, "Because your daddy told me," mollifies the youngsters until they begin to question their own ability to measure up to the wonderfulness standard. The first worries that he doesn't have patches like the others, the second that she's not a boy, and the third that he's the littlest. They approach their father with the query, "Who is your favorite? We can't all be the best." Daddy Bear explains that they are, repeating how Mommy Bear exclaimed over each of them at their birth ("the most perfect first baby bear," "the most perfect second baby bear," etc.). Satisfied, the trio is able to drift off into peaceful slumber. The quiet, loving tone of the text is echoed in the muted shades of the watercolor-and-pencil illustrations offset by soothing cream-colored backgrounds. While this story will not be enough to put to rest children's basic insecurities and endless jockeying for their parents' most-favored status, it does inject some unobtrusive bibliotherapy into a deftly presented bedtime story.–Rosalyn Pierini, San Luis Obispo City-County Library, CA
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

I'd definitely give that book, some diapers, baby wash, new clothing, bottle brush, body wash, diaper cream, etc.

With her older two being in preschool, her baby items can't be too old. New clothing is always nice though because things get stained and worn out.

hellbennt
03-17-2013, 06:18 PM
jumping in late- but how about a saltwater canvas whale bag?
you could give it alone or put diapers, etc in it...

code summer worked for me this a.m. (baby shower gift, along w/ diapers) for an extra 10% off...

elbenn
03-17-2013, 07:56 PM
Here's a link to gymboree's gender neutral baby collection.

http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_category.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374305 287117&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395917465&bmUID=1363564474439

cookiemonster80
03-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Someone gave me the and I love them-
http://www.amazon.com/Chewbeads-Necklace-Perry-Black/dp/B0098RE4H6/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1363567163&sr=8-8&keywords=chewbeads

Chew beads- dishwasher safe, rubber (although they don't look it) bpa free for your kid to chew one and yank and tug. I've gotten tons of compliments.