PDA

View Full Version : Repair shop lost my keys

jgenie
03-15-2013, 02:50 PM
I had to have my car towed last weekend and have nothing but trouble with the local garage since then. I finally picked up my car this morning but after I paid my bill and was ready to leave they couldn't find my spare key. I couldn't wait because I had to pick up DC from school. I'm going back this afternoon to hopefully pick it up but what do I do if they don't have it? Are they required to pay for a replacement? How much more time do I give them to look for it? I've already paid them so I feel like they aren't going to be motivated to make this right. Thoughts? TIA

vonfirmath
03-15-2013, 03:03 PM
If they can't find your key, I'd work to get them to pay to rekey your car and get you 2 new keys.

Mommy_Mea
03-15-2013, 03:14 PM
If they can't find your key, I'd work to get them to pay to rekey your car and get you 2 new keys.

:yeahthat:

Not at all unreasonable.

jgenie
03-15-2013, 03:21 PM

These are the black keys that have the alarm and lock / unlock function on the key. I'm guessing they need to be ordered from the dealer? TIA

MamaMolly
03-15-2013, 03:49 PM
Ooooh given how expensive these are they are going to be highly motivated to find them rather than have to replace them. Mojo that they show up soon!

sunshine873
03-18-2013, 08:26 AM
Jgenie...what ended up happening? I hope the repair shop found your keys or at least jumped through hoops to replace them...

jgenie
03-18-2013, 11:27 AM
Jgenie...what ended up happening? I hope the repair shop found your keys or at least jumped through hoops to replace them...

They haven't turned up yet. They were the spare set so I have my truck but not the keys yet. I'm calling again this afternoon. Anyone know if I can dispute the charges I paid them with my credit card company if they refuse to make this right?