PDA

View Full Version : Please recommend a highchair for a 10 month old

Hemlock
03-16-2013, 11:30 AM
I am looking for a new chair for my 10 month old son. I was thinking about getting a Tripp Trapp, but I am little concerned about the reports of the chair tipping backwards. I was also looking at the Keekaroo chair.

Do you have any other chair suggestions?

rin
03-16-2013, 01:09 PM
We have two Keekaroos, one for our almost-3-yo DD and one for our 9 mo DD. We've been very happy with them. We got the infant insert for DD2's, since she started using it at 6 mo, but we're about to take it out, so I wouldn't personally bother for a 10 month old.

Melaine
03-16-2013, 01:59 PM
Love the Tripp Trapp. They have a piece to prevent tipping. Tipping has never been an issue with my three kiddos though. I think the Keekaroo looks great also.

ETA: My six year olds are still using their Tripp Trapps and my 10 month old is in the Tripp Trapp with babyset and tray, although we sometimes push him straight up to the table without the tray. I haven't tried him in it without the babyset yet.

fedoragirl
03-20-2013, 10:40 PM
Another Tripp Trapp user. Both my kids started using them at 6 months and still use them everyday. We have never had any issues with them tipping.

Tenasparkl
03-20-2013, 10:50 PM
My DD had a svan high chair and liked it. My DS screamed every time we put him in it, so we got a cheapo Ikea chair (that we planned to use when we have dinner outside) but he loves it so we use it all the time.

edurnemk
03-20-2013, 10:53 PM
I have a Kettler Tipp Topp chair and are happy with it, not the best fit for a young baby (6-9 months old), but it's been OK. The Keekaroo looks great, too, the infant insert look better than the infant cushion on the Kettler.

daniele_ut
03-23-2013, 12:24 PM
We have a Keekaroo chair for our 15 month old and we love it. We bought it when DS was about 6 months old and we are still using the infant insert, though I did just buy the toddler cushions. I'm not sure I will switch them out yet, though.