PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions for something I can do for my best friend for her birthday

minnie-zb
03-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Any suggestions? I'd be willing to do a weekend something. She's my best friend from college and we don't get to spend oodles of time together. I'm in Fairfax county outside of DC -- if that helps.

We are girly-girls (if that helps). We are early 40's and enjoy a glass of wine or two...It would be girls only and no kids.

I can't come up with any ideas -- I'm horrible at this stuff. Any ideas?

truly scrumptious
03-16-2013, 08:21 PM
I would plan a day of fun and pampering. Go shopping, catch a movie, get mani pedis and top it off with a nice dinner and glass of wine.

minnie-zb
03-18-2013, 10:10 AM
I would plan a day of fun and pampering. Go shopping, catch a movie, get mani pedis and top it off with a nice dinner and glass of wine.

Thank you -- I think this is probably close to what we will do. There's a local resort which has a spa that is supposed to be lovely and I think we will do this -- she lives a couple of hours away and it would be fun to have a sleepover.

candybomiller
03-18-2013, 11:01 AM
Definitely a spa trip. I would love to do something like that with my bestie. And adding an overnight is a super bonus!

Have fun!

belovedgandp
03-18-2013, 11:08 AM
Spa, someplace with decent boutiques to wander and shop. No advice on where, but it does sound heavenly.

truly scrumptious
03-18-2013, 06:04 PM
Thank you -- I think this is probably close to what we will do. There's a local resort which has a spa that is supposed to be lovely and I think we will do this -- she lives a couple of hours away and it would be fun to have a sleepover.

Ooh sleepover. Then I would rent an old favorite chick flick (my BFF and I love the same old movies) and have the glass of wine at home in jammies with popcorn and watch late into the night (after a day of pampering, fancy dinner, etc.) I can't think of a better way to hang with a bestie :)