PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Care for Ankle

lovin2shop
03-17-2013, 12:01 PM
I tripped on the stairs and busted my ankle in a pretty bad way! Is it worth it to go to urgent care for X-rays now, or just wait until Monday to get into an orthopedist? I've sprained my ankle several times, and this does seem worse. :(

elizabethkott
03-17-2013, 01:19 PM
If you've had issues before and this feels "different", I'd go in. If there is something really wrong, at least they could splint it and give you some crutches...
Sorry!!!

doberbrat
03-17-2013, 01:29 PM
I'd go in now too. If its really broken, they can cast you or give you a temp cast until you can get into an orthopod. IME the orthopod will have you wait a few days to a week in case there is a fracture that doesnt show up immediately.

Feel better

urquie
03-17-2013, 03:26 PM
I'd go in now too. If its really broken, they can cast you or give you a temp cast until you can get into an orthopod. IME the orthopod will have you wait a few days to a week in case there is a fracture that doesnt show up immediately.

Feel better

:yeahthat: go in now, and don't bear any weight, less you make worse... Like a family member did, who is scheduled for a second surgery this week.

lovin2shop
03-17-2013, 05:27 PM
Thanks, I did go in, and luckily found a place with no wait! Unfortunately, I have torn the ligaments and have bone chip fractures where they separated. Ugh, off to the orthoped this week and then probably a good amount of physical therapy to follow. My much anticipated Switzerland trip is coming up in May, so I really hope this one is quick to heal! I hate being so clumsy!

elizabethkott
03-17-2013, 06:11 PM
Ugh! Glad you got it checked out, tho. Speedy healing vibes to you!!

Tondi G
03-17-2013, 06:27 PM
OUCH! I'm glad you went in! Hope it heals up quick for you!!!!

WatchingThemGrow
03-17-2013, 07:43 PM
Oh no! I hope you get a sentence for a quick-healing! I'm so clumsy too, and there's a really good chance our next house will have stairs, which I will definitely fall down.

doberbrat
03-17-2013, 11:38 PM
Thanks, I did go in, and luckily found a place with no wait! Unfortunately, I have torn the ligaments and have bone chip fractures where they separated. Ugh, off to the orthoped this week and then probably a good amount of physical therapy to follow. My much anticipated Switzerland trip is coming up in May, so I really hope this one is quick to heal! I hate being so clumsy!

crud I'm so sorry! IME torn ligaments are so much worse than a fracture.