PDA

View Full Version : Baby Dry - now with dry max?

theriviera
03-17-2013, 12:58 PM
On my latest box of Pampers baby dry, they touted a new extra wide ultra absorb core. Well, after wearing the first diaper, she has a horrible rash all over. It looks raised and really red, and it's all over. She didn't have that diaper on very long.

I checked their website but I don't see anything. Does anyone know if these diapers now contain dry max?

AnnieW625
03-17-2013, 05:27 PM
If it is not dry max it could be the same stuff that they used to use in Cruisers before they added dry max to them. My DD1 got horrible diaper rashes from the Cruisers then too (2007). The material then was like a dry weave stuff they put in maxi pads.

If you need another diaper brand rec. try Costco, Huggies Little Movers, or Seventh Generation (although these do run a size small, so if she is in a 3, get a 4, etc.). My DDs both of who have super sensitive skin have had no issues with those brands of diapers. Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive are dry max free until size 3.

OKKiddo
03-17-2013, 08:16 PM
If it is not dry max it could be the same stuff that they used to use in Cruisers before they added dry max to them. My DD1 got horrible diaper rashes from the Cruisers then too (2007). The material then was like a dry weave stuff they put in maxi pads.

If you need another diaper brand rec. try Costco, Huggies Little Movers, or Seventh Generation (although these do run a size small, so if she is in a 3, get a 4, etc.). My DDs both of who have super sensitive skin have had no issues with those brands of diapers. Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive are dry max free until size 3.

My younger son reacted to the Pampers Cruisers as well (back in 2010). I was only trying them out for overnight but found out quickly, and at his expense, that they weren't going to work (same type of rash you described and then when hubby put them on by accident it was much, much worse and took weeks to get rid of with prescription cream). I second what AnnieW625 said with the Costco Kirkland Diapers (I swear these are the exact same diapers as Huggies Little Movers), Huggies Little Movers, or Seventh Generation.

LMPC
03-17-2013, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I remember that stupid switch they made to Dry Max. After they did, DD got rashes like she had never gotten before...and it cleared up once I switched to the cheaper pampers without dry max.