PDA

View Full Version : Step 2 vs. Little Tikes

LizLemon
03-17-2013, 11:25 PM
Any difference in quality for bigger items like sandboxes, slides, etc.? Is one brand considered better than the other?

hellokitty
03-18-2013, 12:54 AM
I find that the step 2 brand has more subtle colors, while the little tikes stuff is brightly colored, which looks bad if fades from the sun. Otherwise, I feel that they're very similar in quality.

Indianamom2
03-18-2013, 12:25 PM
I find that the step 2 brand has more subtle colors, while the little tikes stuff is brightly colored, which looks bad if fades from the sun. Otherwise, I feel that they're very similar in quality.

:yeahthat:We have a Step 2 sand/water table that has been sitting out on our south facing/no shade deck and it still looks brand new. It's tan and green and looks great.

IansMom
03-18-2013, 02:08 PM
:yeahthat:We have a Step 2 sand/water table that has been sitting out on our south facing/no shade deck and it still looks brand new. It's tan and green and looks great.

:yeahthat: this will be the fourth summer that we have had ours. It is in great condition.

wellyes
03-18-2013, 02:13 PM
They're both good but given a choice I prefer Step2.

acmom
03-18-2013, 02:21 PM
:yeahthat: this will be the fourth summer that we have had ours. It is in great condition.

:yeahthat: We have a 4 year old sand and water table as well as a 4 year old climber from Step 2 (both the naturally playful line) that both still look great and neither has ever had any issues.

We have a lot of the Little Tikes sports stuff - tball, basketball, golf. They have all been fine, with the exception of the basketball which I don't find super sturdy or easy to adjust.

LizLemon
03-18-2013, 04:52 PM
Thanks! I didn't even consider the fade factor but now you all mention it, I do remember my brother having a bright red little tikes something that faded markedly.