PDA

View Full Version : Savannah, GA hotel recs?

boilermakermom
03-18-2013, 01:13 PM
DH and I are considering a (kid free) trip to Savannah, GA. (He has a one day meeting in the area, and we are thinking of continuing onto Savannah.)

Any hotel recs? Or anything we must see/do/visit in the area?

Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
03-18-2013, 01:16 PM
I stayed at the Planters' Inn a few years back and our room and the location were very nice.

But, if I were going back, I'd choose the Marshall House. We hung out at their bar one night and I really liked the scene there. I thought the location was good too.

We did a ghost walking tour which was fun.

billysmommy
03-18-2013, 01:39 PM
We always stay in the Garden Suite of www.armstronghistoricalproperties.com. On Chatham Square, 2 blocks from Forsythe Park and 10-15 minute walk to River St. I've had friends stay at the Hamilton-Turner Inn and loved it. There are so many beautiful Inns there!

Momit
03-18-2013, 01:40 PM
Savannah is lovely! You'll find lots to do and see. Make sure you leave some time to just stroll around and enjoy the beautiful homes and parks (Forsyth and the little squares in each neighborhood).

If you like craft beer at all, check out The Distillery - they have an impressive menu.

Some other restaurants to consider - Jazz'd for tapas and occasional live music, The Olde Pink House for a fancy dinner, Mrs. Wilkes for Southern food.

We toured Mercer House and checked out Bonaventure Cemetary, I loved Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil and wanted to see those sights.

We did the hop on hop off trolley tour so we could check out different things and take our time looking around.

Smillow
03-19-2013, 12:38 AM
We've stayed at the Hyatt & the Hilton (using Priceline) and love them both. We have also stayed at a B&B on Gordon St (very close to the Mercer House of MITGOG&E fame) and the Forsyth Inn next to the park. Love, love, love Savannah! Mrs Wilkes Boarding House for great food.

billysmommy
03-20-2013, 05:25 PM
If you're there the weekend of April 20-21, there's a wonderful Fine Arts on the River festival. We go down for our anniversary every year and make sure to go the weekend of the festival. We've come home with many gorgeous things - carvings, jewelry, pottery, a mirror, artwork, etc.