PDA

View Full Version : DD could be the poster child for Children's Motrin

TwoBees
03-18-2013, 09:51 PM
I come home from work at 5, she is lying listlessly on the couch watching tv. About to pass out (fall asleep), with a 103.4 fever. I coax some Motrin into her around 6 pm, and try to get her into bed. Half hour later, she's wide awake, happy as a clam, and wants nothing less than to go to sleep. She finally fell asleep some time after 9.

:6:

bisous
03-19-2013, 01:43 AM
I love Motrin! DS2 had a fever that spiked to 104 today. Gave him some motrin and he was 98.6 before bed and happy as can be. It almost works TOO well!

elektra
03-19-2013, 01:49 AM
My kids respond to it so well too! (Well the generic CVS version that is. ;))

Gracemom
03-19-2013, 09:54 AM
My DD is the same. It perks her right up. But my DS has a horrible allergy to it. It made his lips and face swell terribly right up to his eyes and we had to go to the ER. No more Ibuprofen for him.

pinkmomagain
03-19-2013, 11:21 AM
My DD is the same. It perks her right up. But my DS has a horrible allergy to it. It made his lips and face swell terribly right up to his eyes and we had to go to the ER. No more Ibuprofen for him.

I too developed a horrible allergy to ibuprofen after using it for many years. Just wanted to mention that my allergist said to stay away from asprin too as there is a relationship there. Thought I'd mention it in case you weren't aware.

Gracemom
03-19-2013, 12:32 PM
I too developed a horrible allergy to ibuprofen after using it for many years. Just wanted to mention that my allergist said to stay away from asprin too as there is a relationship there. Thought I'd mention it in case you weren't aware.

Thanks. They told me about that too. Bummer! I guess it's only Tylenol for him now.