PDA

View Full Version : For Fun: My pregnancy is sponsored by...

Nemesia
03-19-2013, 09:33 PM
Hansen's Ginger Ale and Frigo string cheese.

I have never had so much ginger ale in my life, but it is keeping my queasiness at bay. String cheese is my go-to snack, day or night.

TxCat
03-19-2013, 10:02 PM
Ice, Whole Foods Ginger Ale, and Newman's Italian Salad Dressing.

OP, I definitely hear you in the queasiness and the ginger ale. My nausea finally started getting better around 14-15 weeks, but until then I was hard core ginger ale for several weeks. As for cravings, so far it's only been Italian dressing - I could eat that day and night. :)

sarahsthreads
03-19-2013, 10:03 PM
Um, mostly unbranded stuff: green grapes, red raspberries and lo mein. (Really, actually, any Asian food, but especially lo mein and chicken dumplings. Maybe it's the soy? I have craved Asian food for the first trimester of every single pregnancy - there must be *something* about it that my body needs to grow a baby!)

I did also subsist on Wegman's peanut butter pretzels for the first several weeks, and now I have a crush on Starbucks strawberry smoothies.

Sarah :)

stinkyfeet
03-19-2013, 10:17 PM
My pregnancy is sponsored by some low-carb high protein diet fad. I have gestational diabetes and have to maintain a strict diet. :irked:

Wife_and_mommy
03-19-2013, 10:22 PM
Disposable red solo cups(use your imagination..) and eggs, cooked a thousand different ways. Also, ice cold water.

todzwife
03-19-2013, 10:40 PM
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on WHITE bread only.

marymoo86
03-20-2013, 08:30 AM
Baby bel cheese, salsa, and my "junk food" Pirate's Booty - not all together :)

123LuckyMom
03-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Um, mostly unbranded stuff: green grapes, red raspberries and lo mein. (Really, actually, any Asian food, but especially lo mein and chicken dumplings. Maybe it's the soy? I have craved Asian food for the first trimester of every single pregnancy - there must be *something* about it that my body needs to grow a baby!)

I did also subsist on Wegman's peanut butter pretzels for the first several weeks, and now I have a crush on Starbucks strawberry smoothies.

Sarah :)

It's probably the salt! With DS, I was desperate for anything salty-- after the first trimester plus some when all I could eat was saltines and plain pasta. Healthy! ;) after that I loved cheese and nuts as my go to snack, and like you said, anything Asian, including Indian. I was craving sushi like nobody's business!

With DD I craved anything fresh and juicy-- fruits, veggies, and I dreamed about salad!!! I was in horrible pain throughout that pregnancy and bedridden for much of it due to a back problem, so I had to rely on other people to feed me. I just remember being really hungry all the time and desperately wanting something fresh and healthy. It was not fun! I had trouble with meat, too. The only way I could eat it was as chicken soup. I ate a LOT of homemade chicken soup from the freezer. I went through my whole stash!

ECUPirateMom
03-20-2013, 12:20 PM
currently sponsored by zofran, colace, and phenergan but also brought to you by fried egg and cheese sandwiches, fresh fruit, edy's mint chocolate chip ice cream and chikfila sandwiches :rolleyes: I swore I would watch my weight more closely this time but having been sick for the last 6 weeks, craving the above and not exercising I believe am doomed :what:

Sent from my SGH-T989

AnnieW625
03-20-2013, 04:47 PM
NOT Pregnant, but with DDs I craved Velveeta in the first two trimesters. With DD2 I craved tuna for the last 14 or so weeks I was pregnant.

scrooks
03-20-2013, 05:55 PM
In the first trimester those little cheese peanut butter cracker packs. We bought those huge multipacks of austins's from sam's club. Now I have been craving Alfredo pasta.....and bacon turkey bravos from Panera (which I have eaten twice but am trying really really hard to avoid!).

gcc2k
03-21-2013, 02:29 PM
First trimester was sponsored by apples and string cheese to help me through the mid morning nausea. My second trimester was sponsored by Lucy Charms. So far nothing is sticking out in my third trimester, just some kind of sweet in the evening.

trcy
03-21-2013, 05:12 PM
NOT PREGNANT but when I was I craved coffee. Decaf of course though.

bisous
03-28-2013, 12:19 AM
Salty meats (the bad nitrate laden kind that I'm trying to avoid) are my big craving. But I'm existing off of cheese, clementines, Trader Joe's organic mint melange herbal tea, and McDonald's cheeseburgers!