PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a great ebay assistant!

magnoliaparadise
03-20-2013, 04:27 AM
Hi,
I have a ton of baby/young toddler clothes that I'm trying to sell which are great brands (Gymboree, Mini Boden, Gap, Petit Bateaux) and many have tags on them.
I also have not-good stuff cheap stores, but am donating those to Salvattion Army. But I just can't bring myself to give away the nice clothes.
Does anyone know of a great ebay assistant? My preference is to find someone in/near NYC, BUT am happy to ship to anyone in the country who you think is great. And if there are any ebay assistants on BBB, please post!
Thanks.

indigo99
03-20-2013, 09:56 AM
I had really bad luck on ebay recently. I sold 4 items and only got paid for two (one immediately and one after 3 days). They make it really hard on sellers (can't leave negative feedback for buyers, can't even give buyers a "strike" unless you go through a long process of waiting 4 days to be paid and then another 4 while they process the case and then wait to be credited for the amount ebay charges you on the selling price even though it was never paid for). I've decided not to use them again, but YMMV of course.

Do you have a good craigslist for your area? You might even be able to put up a flyer at a mom's group or church bulletin board or something and find someone needing that size. I'm putting all my stuff in a consignment sale, but there are also consignment stores to consider. We have a few (including Once Upon a Child which I think has stores in other cities).

logan's mom
03-20-2013, 10:08 AM
Is there a reason you don't want to sell them yourself? I have been selling over the past few weeks. I try to list 2-3 items each night. The mobile app makes it so much easier! You can take pictures with your phone, enter your details so much faster than the computer!!! The app also alerts you when someone bids on your item-which I find exciting ; )

I bought poly mailers (upaknship.com) and divide my clothes into sets trying to keep them under 13 ounces so they can ship USPS First class....which is usually only around $3. If I have lots of sets in the same line, I try to list them at the same time....ie-I had all of the Gymbo Pelician line from last summer so I listed it all together and wrote in my description that other pieces from the line were in my other listings.

I use my food scale to get my weights instead of buying a separate postage scale.

StantonHyde
03-20-2013, 12:42 PM
Ebay isn't worth except it for the higher end brands anymore. Can you take the Gap stuff to a consignment store. Also--you almost have to put a min bid in anymore. Otherwise, everyone waits till the last second and you have gorgeous NWT stuff that goes for 99 cents!

cleo27
03-20-2013, 03:57 PM
I work as an eBay assistant, helping my Dad sell very rare and collectible things. He sells a lot overseas. He does well because of the scarcity and demand for what he sells. I have dabbled in selling kids clothes (nice brands) and have been disappointed in how little they bring. I really think consigning is the best way to go.

Cleo

ray7694
03-20-2013, 04:11 PM
I have had very good luck with my local facebook Children's Items Page.

Nooknookmom
03-20-2013, 06:09 PM
I used to sell all the time...it seems some of the procedures have changed. I eventually moved any selling to CL...easier and cheaper.

magnoliaparadise
03-21-2013, 10:18 PM
Thanks, all. I might try Craig's List or go to a used clothing shop then. As far as doing it myself... I don't have an ebay account (or do, but I can't remember the name or password and only used it once many years ago) and I just can't be bothered starting to post to sell the clothes - I liked the idea of an ebay assistant because they would (hopefully) have a following of people who would go on their site, increasing traffic.
Thanks for your advice.

amatahrain
03-21-2013, 10:56 PM
You could look for a consignment sale (not a b&m store) in your area. A lot of them will do the tagging for you now days. Check consignmentmommies for a list of sales in your area. I know there are some that cater to higher end brands. You could participate with minimal effort on your part.