PDA

View Full Version : Present ideas for DS who is turning 3

acmom
03-20-2013, 01:59 PM
I am having a really hard time with gift ideas (little or big) for DS who will be 3 in June. Both sets of grandparents have asked for Easter ideas as well as birthday ideas and I have none to give! Don't even know what we will get him.

We have so many toys from DD and toys that they share (kitchen, easel, tons of duplos, magnatiles, sand/water table, plasma cars, playmobil, matchbox car rug/garage). His two main interest are baseball and construction, which is all he says he wants if you ask him. I feel like we have tons of stuff for both- indoor and outdoor baseball stuff, bases, gloves, and construction trucks of every size!

Any ideas? I've tried reading through old present threads but haven't come up with much.

abh5e8
03-20-2013, 06:45 PM
how about a t-ball stand and some balls?

i have the same problem with ds2...he is 2.5 and as the third child, we have pretty much everything. i'm thinking of getting him a PBK everywhere chair, as he loves his brothers.

books, art supplies? bubbles, chalk? i'm trying to think of consumable items. zoo pass or similar? swim lessons?

essnce629
03-20-2013, 06:53 PM
Mini Kick Scooter!

DS2 got one for his 3rd birthday and LOVES it! We've gone on hour long bike rides at the park and he keeps up with his scooter! The reviews for it are excellent and I would agree.

http://www.amazon.com/Kickboard-USA-7640108560995-mini-Scooter/dp/B000ES178C

acmom
03-20-2013, 08:09 PM
Thanks- I think the consumable idea is good. Any favorite art supplies/kits for a new 3 year old?

I also like the mini-kick scooter idea for his bday. I had seen the threads on those but wasn't sure if this was the right age. Good to hear it was a hit!

BunnyBee
03-20-2013, 08:57 PM
Tickets to a baseball game with grandma and grandpa?

Easter gifts would send me over the edge. Sidewalk chalk, bubbles, sunscreen, summer hats, flip flops, beach balls (gear that generally needs replacing), goggles, kites, gardening tools, $5 GC to ice cream/yogurt shop... The Easter Bunny is scaling way back here this year! I'm tired of all the crap! (Well-meaning crap, but crap nonetheless!)

essnce629
03-21-2013, 01:02 AM
Any favorite art supplies/kits for a new 3 year old?

I've given a bunch of My First Sticky Mosaics kits to 3 year olds this year. I've bought 2 kits for DS2 already and he LOVES them. They keep him occupied for a long time! I have another kit stashed away for our plane ride to Kauai next week!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_12?url=search-alias%3Dtoys-and-games&field-keywords=my+first+sticky+mosaics&sprefix=my+first+sti%2Caps%2C377