PDA

View Full Version : Reminder: Multi-purpose bin sale ends Sun 3/24!

Twoboos
03-22-2013, 09:23 AM
Just an FYI. I am trying to decide if I should reload my cart, or go out there today!

♥ms.pacman♥
03-22-2013, 09:50 AM
is it crazy that thinking of going one more time? i got like 15 of them just for my pantry ( i posted pics lay night in the other thread). now I'm thinking, what else can i organize?? yall were right, these are likeorganizing crack... I'm addicted!!

wendibird22
03-22-2013, 09:53 AM
I so want to order more but just can't stomach the S/H fee.

minnie-zb
03-22-2013, 10:37 AM
I'm heading to the Container Store tomorrow.

WatchingThemGrow
03-22-2013, 12:54 PM
I'm considering ordering more at the last minute and doing the store pickup. You can wait up to 30 days to pick them up.

KrisM
03-22-2013, 01:34 PM
I still need to order! I just can't decide what to get. I guess I'll pick a number and go with it!

jam224
03-22-2013, 05:27 PM
I just placed another order for store pick-up tomorrow. Decided I needed them for my linen closet and DD's art & craft area. I started out with 10 large and 5 medium. Now I'm buying 15 more medium! :D

♥ms.pacman♥
03-22-2013, 05:37 PM
ok i don't feel as bad now. i think i have about 20 now (8 med, 8 large, 1 xl and 3 small) and i want to get even more med/larges to organize our new fridge.

Twoboos
03-22-2013, 05:48 PM
I went to the store today and bought 8 more. (In addition to the 14 I already have.) :bag

I *MAY* have seen Pastrygirl there. Or at least someone buying a whole cartload of these, and who else but a member of BBB would be buying so many?! ;) Pastrygirl, did you hit the Container Store today by The Big Mall??? :waving4:

wendibird22
03-23-2013, 04:28 PM
I caved and bought 4 more m, 4 lg, and 2 Xl. I hate the shipping but wouldn't be near a CS until the very end if May. I'm weak!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

babyzolo
03-23-2013, 08:16 PM
I just went back for the second time and bought 6 L and 4 M. I'm not sure where I'll use them yet, but I'm sure that they will find a home as I organize more.

I spent a lot of time also looking at the shoe organizing aisle. My closet (not walk-in!) is a mess with shoes and boots on the bottom. I have to figure out which is the best solution.

minnie-zb
03-23-2013, 08:17 PM
I bought a bunch today and thought I got too many. Hah! Now I'm thinking about going back tomorrow for a second set. I love these bins, but they are addictive!

poppy
03-24-2013, 03:36 AM
I just went back for the second time and bought 6 L and 4 M. I'm not sure where I'll use them yet, but I'm sure that they will find a home as I organize more.

I spent a lot of time also looking at the shoe organizing aisle. My closet (not walk-in!) is a mess with shoes and boots on the bottom. I have to figure out which is the best solution.

This worked for me in the hall closet and bedroom closet. I stacked 3 of these on top of each other.

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/dorm/closet/shoeStorage?productId=10009240&green=7750327A-7F58-5D87-B104-7EA945EEBBEC

poppy
03-24-2013, 03:43 AM
How are you organizing your kids crafts?

My house is so disorganized, I'm not sure where to begin.

I have a lot of crap on the kitchen counter that I'd like to keep clear--
what do you mamas do with miscellaneous stuff--odds and ends? Do you just dump it in a bin? It just makes it hard to find stuff later though...

I went out and bought 16 of these bins since everyone was raving about them. 2 S, 6 M, 6L and 2 XL.

B/W this and buying from a British Dept store, among other things--this site is making me broke! :)

mickminmom
03-24-2013, 05:31 AM
Got an order in and looking forward to figuring out where to use them!

Thanks for posting inspirational pics!

minnie-zb
03-24-2013, 11:03 AM
Placed an order for pick up. Second batch of bins. Once I got the first set home, I realized how many places I could use them.

They are perfect for using on shelves and help to eliminate some of the wasted space.

TwinFoxes
03-24-2013, 12:36 PM
Ok, so I had never heard of these. But $130 later I'm hoping to organize my pantry and hall closet. I didn't get any small, just medium, large and extra large. I was guessing what I needed. What do you all use the small size for, do I need those too? I ordered for pickup, so I can add stuff and not worry about shipping.

MSWR0319
03-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Ok, so I had never heard of these. But $130 later I'm hoping to organize my pantry and hall closet. I didn't get any small, just medium, large and extra large. I was guessing what I needed. What do you all use the small size for, do I need those too? I ordered for pickup, so I can add stuff and not worry about shipping.

I ordered 6 smalls and used them for: play dough,hand soap under the sink, dish soap under the kitchen sink, sunscreen and bug spray on the shelf in the mudroom, and I put one under the kitchen sink and stuffed in the plastic grocery bags that we use for trash can liners. I still have one left, but I"m sure I can find somewhere for it!

LD92599
03-24-2013, 01:01 PM
Our store is closed today (Blue Laws) but i guess i'll do a quick small order since it's the last day. Can always return what i don't use :-)

♥ms.pacman♥
03-24-2013, 01:02 PM

i'd say you can probably skip the small. i got 3 of them and we use them for DSs thomas magazines and some thin paperback books. Other than that, i couldn't find as good of a use for them as the others.

i am going again to Container Store tonight. i have another pantry that we use to store non-food household stuff (kitchen towels, paper towels, etc) and it's just a mess in there. i noticed that XL easily fits 12 double rolls of toilet paper. that's useful bc i hate keeping them in the bags and how they just tumble out everywhere.

BunnyBee
03-24-2013, 01:56 PM

If you wind up not using them, you can return. :)

I use smalls for paper stuff mostly. I stuck one in the pantry for household manuals. One by the computer for all of our directories. I've used them for my craft stuff too--patterns, embroidery hoops, sewing machine etc. manuals...

They fit boxes of foil, Saran Wrap, parchment nicely.

poppy
03-24-2013, 02:06 PM
I used the smalls --one for old mail; one for incoming mail and library books.
I want another one for receipts! I'm going back for more!

Twoboos
03-24-2013, 02:23 PM
I am using some smalls for zip lock boxes - if you store them on their side you can fit maybe five or 6 in there.

KrisM
03-24-2013, 02:34 PM
I have 3 smalls on the desk in the kitchen. One for each kid for random things that they need to find, and were just getting piled on my desk. I also have spaghetti stored in one.

♥ms.pacman♥
03-24-2013, 02:57 PM
They fit boxes of foil, Saran Wrap, parchment nicely.

ooh this is SUCH a good idea!!! i am so stealing this idea. may have to get a few more.

daphne
03-24-2013, 09:12 PM
I'm considering ordering more at the last minute and doing the store pickup. You can wait up to 30 days to pick them up.

How can you do this? I tried to select a date for later next month, but it only gave me up to 4/7 as an option....

TwinFoxes
03-24-2013, 09:22 PM
OK, I'm sold on the smalls. :) I have such problems storing parchment paper and Reynolds wrap. I will order a few. Thank goodness for store pickup. Thanks all!

scmama
03-24-2013, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the reminder... I even went through ebates and used the Real Simple coupon from April's issue, so yeah... even more savings.

♥ms.pacman♥
03-24-2013, 11:21 PM
ok i went today and got 3XL, 4 more L and 4 more M, and a couple more smalls. Spent the evening decluttering and organizing our linen/cleaning closet near our kitchen. This time i took a before picture (though i don't think it captures the true horribile-ness that it was..couldn't get a good shot as the kids were everywhere).

Before:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8250/8587400949_0c33466aa1_c.jpg

After:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8230/8588504366_dbbeb7bbee_c.jpg

after all of it, i think i could have used an extra XL and an extra M or L..but i think this should do, for now :) the M and L were great for storing flashlights, lightbulbs, Dyson vacuum attachments, kitchen towels, etc. the XL were good for storing tablecloths, plus xmas stuff, toilet paper rolls, napkins and other Costco stuff.

jgenie
03-24-2013, 11:57 PM
The closet looks great!!

OT: Is that your DD? Oh my, I can't believe how big she is. It's funny but in my mind's eye she's still a baby! :)

ok i went today and got 3XL, 4 more L and 4 more M, and a couple more smalls. Spent the evening decluttering and organizing our linen/cleaning closet near our kitchen. This time i took a before picture (though i don't think it captures the true horribile-ness that it was..couldn't get a good shot as the kids were everywhere).

Before:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8250/8587400949_0c33466aa1_c.jpg

After:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8230/8588504366_dbbeb7bbee_c.jpg

after all of it, i think i could have used an extra XL and an extra M or L..but i think this should do, for now :) the M and L were great for storing flashlights, lightbulbs, Dyson vacuum attachments, kitchen towels, etc. the XL were good for storing tablecloths, plus xmas stuff, toilet paper rolls, napkins and other Costco stuff.

♥ms.pacman♥
03-25-2013, 12:31 AM
The closet looks great!!

OT: Is that your DD? Oh my, I can't believe how big she is. It's funny but in my mind's eye she's still a baby! :)

Thanks, and yep, that's her :) she was "helping" me declutter. she's pretty big for her age despite her early arrival and rough start...she just turned 2 and here she's wearing a size 90 Hanna dress!

calebsmama03
03-25-2013, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the reminder! I forgot about it so ordered a few Ms for cans and will pick up in store next week.

Gracemom
03-25-2013, 09:17 AM
Bummed! I went by the store last night at 6:15, and they closed at 6. Why do stores close so early on Sunday? Oh well. I guess there is always next year's sale.

♥ms.pacman♥
03-25-2013, 10:18 AM
Bummed! I went by the store last night at 6:15, and they closed at 6. Why do stores close so early on Sunday? Oh well. I guess there is always next year's sale.

another (fairly new) Texan here and i can't tell you how many times i've gotten to a store at either 11:45am or 6:15 on Sunday and have been "aww, crap!!" when i saw the store was closed. i am still getting used to it.

zukeypur
03-25-2013, 11:14 AM
I'm a Texas lifer and it bothers me too. It's not 1980 for crying out loud!!!! Also, you can't buy beer before noon on Sundays.

Suebell
03-25-2013, 11:26 AM
I'm a Texas lifer and it bothers me too. It's not 1980 for crying out loud!!!! Also, you can't buy beer before noon on Sundays.

We always have to kill time when we hit Costco on Sundays cuz they won't sell us our box of wine! :D