PDA

View Full Version : DH's surprise to me is foiled

tabegle
03-22-2013, 11:20 AM
oops!

Totally caught my dh buying me a present! :)

I got an email from ebates letting me know that my $ is pending from my tria beauty purchase yesterday. I started freaking out because I did not place that order and I know that it's a pricey item (Tria home laser).

I forwarded the email to DH letting him know I didn't place order, didn't know what was going on, but I was going to email Tria and ebates.

I emailed ebates asking them about it. I logged in to Tria to check my order history (ebates showed an order number). In the past, I've gotten as far as placing the laser in my cart and entered all my info, but never placed the order. There was nothing in my order history.

I finally called Tria and asked about order number ####. They told me it was purchased by DH! (okay, so much for personal info) but I'm so excited now! I also found out it's shipping today!

I still don't get why my dh would use my ebates account when he's got his own. So, my finding out is his own doing. :)

Now, I need to get him something I guess. I think this was supposed to be an easter gift. He got me a pricey easter gift 3 years ago too.

elbenn
03-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Yay for your DH for (1) getting you a gift you're so excited about, and (2) using ebates!

AngB
03-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Yay for your DH for (1) getting you a gift you're so excited about, and (2) using ebates!

:yeahthat:
I can't imagine my DH using ebates. That is really impressive!

tabegle
03-22-2013, 12:24 PM
It took DH a few years to come around to using ebates, but he finally started.

I'm starting to wonder if his purchase is a result of him seeing a Brookstone bag among my purchases yesterday. I bought some hickies (http://www.hickies.com/) there for dd, but didn't tell dh I was going to. Then, when he was snooping, I wouldn't let him see my purchases. lol

Alright. I am now officially accepting gift ideas for dh.

Still-in-Shock
03-22-2013, 12:37 PM
I can't imagine my DH using ebates. That is really impressive!
I can't imagine my DH shopping for something for me online. He has trouble using a coupon at a fast food place. :wink2: I'm impressed too.

I have no idea what to suggest as a gift. What does he like?

BabbyO
03-22-2013, 01:17 PM
I totally had this happen 2 years ago when I bought DH a camera. I used his BestBuy account because I know he gets points for $ spent...then they emailed him with suggested accessories for his new camera! Arrg! Now I know to tell him not to open BestBuy emails until I've cleared them if I purchase something for him!

I'm glad it is a good surprise!