PDA

View Full Version : weekend plans

boolady
03-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Let's lighten things up. What's everyone doing this weekend?

I'll start. Tomorrow, DD has a playdate with her two kindy BFFs for a few hours, then DH, DD and I are going to dinner (and I guess a playdate) at the home of one of her friends from preschool with whom we've become very friendly.

On Sunday, DD and DH have a daddy/daughter Daisies function for two hours, and then we're having dinner at my dad's house with my sisters and BILs (one's not technically a BIL but whatever) for my BIL's birthday.

Ok. Let your weekend plans rip...

lalasmama
03-22-2013, 03:53 PM
Packing a house!

mommylamb
03-22-2013, 04:05 PM
Tonight we're having friends over for pizza (we have dinner with these friends at either their house or ours every Friday night).

Tomorrow, DS1 has swim lessons in the morning. That night I'm taking DS1 out to dinner with two of my mommy friends and his friends (their kids) to a hibachi grill for dinner. I think DS1 will get a real kick out of all the tricks. DH is on DS2 duty.

Sunday, no plans. Probably errands.

brittone2
03-22-2013, 04:11 PM
DH is coming home from 2 weeks of business travel :yay:

Yay for that, boo for the resulting jet lag, as when my DH is tired, he's tiiiired, and there's no stopping him from falling asleep or being groggy.

Taking the kids along to DS1's 4H meeting tonight.

AnnieW625
03-22-2013, 04:12 PM
tonight Lenten soup night at Dd1's school. NCAA basketball! Go Aztecs!

tomorrow: gym, errands/clean up, the local beauty supply store is having their annual 25% off sale this weekend. NCAA basketball. Go Orangemen!

Sunday: play date with DD1's friends; the moms will be discussing summer camp options. More NCAA Basketball! Start working on DD1's birthday party, which is this coming Thursday!

Over the moon happy that DH does not have to go out of town again for the week this coming week! It would have been the third week in a row!

crayonblue
03-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Hosting a baby shower! And going to DD1's Guys and Dolls, Jr. production. Very busy but should be fun weekend!

ETA: Oh, and DH will be glued to the TV...March Madness!

wencit
03-22-2013, 04:17 PM
Tomorrow, DS1 has a baseball game. My sister is flying up from Southern California to watch him, so he's a little nervous. :p

On Sunday, I organized an Easter Egg hunt in the morning for about 50 people, then DS1's birthday party is in the afternoon. 12 kids in my home for 2 hours with a bunch of science experiments - I'M nervous!!!

I'm going to need a weekend to recover from this weekend.

sidmand
03-22-2013, 05:23 PM
Tomorrow my aunt is visiting and she's awesome with the kids so that'll be fun. We promised DS a trip to a local restaurant and hope we can all go.

Sunday a nearby zoo has their annual Easter egg hunt so we were planning on that...and probably another restaurant (by restaurant I mean a diner or Dairy Queen!).

crl
03-22-2013, 05:35 PM
Ds has his fourth Little League baseball game of the season. I am hoping to snag our neighbor to babysit dd so I can actually watch the whole game (dh is helping with the team so I spend the games chasing dd and trying to watch bits and pieces of the games).

Sunday I am finally getting my hair cut! As usual I should have gotten it done weeks ago and it is all grown out and awful.

We are also planning to go and tour a local tennis/swim/fitness club we are thinking about joining. They have a heated outdoor pool and water polo lessons for ds and swim lessons for dd.

I should be posting a couple of things on CL too.

Catherine

jgenie
03-22-2013, 05:35 PM
A small zoo nearby has their Easter egg hunt tomorrow so we're taking the boys. We haven't been to this zoo all winter so they'll be excited to go back.

We paid off our house on Thursday :yay: so I called the babysitter and made a reservation for dinner for DH & I for tomorrow night to celebrate!!

We will probably just stay home on Sunday. I would love to get some organizing done while DH distracts the kiddos.

mikeys_mom
03-22-2013, 05:41 PM
Cooking and cleaning for Passover.

Tomorrow we are eating lunch at the synagogue because there are seriously slim pickings here and I'm trying to keep the kids from spreading crumbs into the rooms that have already been cleaned.

Tomorrow night as soon as shabbat is over I have to finish off getting the kitchen fully passover-ready and get back to cooking that started earlier this week.

Sunday - DH gets the lovely task of cleaning my car. It is really bad. Food crumbs galore from our last 2 trips this winter when it was just too cold out to get it cleaned properly afterwards. I get to cook and bake some more. Oh and get haircuts for the kids and take them to regular Sunday gymnastics and hockey.

I am really looking forward to Monday night when it is all done and we get to host the seder. Despite all the work that goes into it, DH and I really enjoy it as do the kids so I suppose the crazy weekend will be worth it in the end :).

kdeunc
03-22-2013, 05:53 PM
DH is out of town until tomorrow afternoon. Tonight is college basketball--Go Heels! :)

Tomorrow DD and I are headed to a preschool kids festival in town for a few hours and she has a bowling birthday party to attend in the afternoon. The boys are staying with their favorite sitter while I have "girl time" with DD then they get to hang out with Daddy.

DH and are having a date night dinner Sunday night! :cheerleader1: Long overdue!

hillview
03-22-2013, 06:07 PM
I am going to see my friend's new baby (3 days old!). Other than that nothing planned. Need a nap.

bisous
03-22-2013, 06:08 PM
Easter party for the kiddos. Women's conference Sat. pm at my church. pedicure. A couple of hours working on my blog posts. Building a small gate/fence in my yard. TWO Sunday dinners with different family/friends and 3 hours of church Sunday!

joonbug
03-22-2013, 06:12 PM
We are doing an Easter Bunny Train ride with DD's friend ;). Train leaves from a nearby transit station, rides around for an hour, so we can look out the window and meet an Easter Bunny. DD is super excited, she's been begging to go on a train ride forever! Then we'll go to a Japanese all-you-can-eat buffet (they have crepes to die for!). Sunday probably some errands and house cleaning - I need to go buy invitations for DD's bday party in April and fill them in :).

gatorsmom
03-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Good idea, op!

Saturday-
Sisi is having a friend over for a playdate. Gator is going to a friend's house for a playdate.

DH and I are unpacking and organizing the house.

Sunday-
DH and I will take turns going to mass
Cha Cha is having a playdate.

The rest of the time we are unpacking and organizing the house.

elliput
03-22-2013, 06:17 PM
Tomorrow, we will watch it snow all day. No plans for Sunday.

baymom
03-22-2013, 07:18 PM
Saturday: DS has two soccer games, DD has a softball game and DH has his first adult league soccer game....so mainly just all of us watching each others games.

Sunday: Lunch/Easter egg hunt with a lot of playgroup friends. Hang out with DB/SIL in the evening.

It's basically going to be a nice, easy going weekend!

elektra
03-22-2013, 07:23 PM
Softball game for DD
Baseball game for DD
Birthday party - DD's first Chuck E. Cheese experience.
Gardening
Hopefully some relaxing!

goldenpig
03-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Saturday:
Take DD to ballet 9-10
Birthday party for a 5 year old boy 12-3
DD's chess class 3-5 (she joined the chess team and they're having practice/chess class for an upcoming chess tournament)
School auction party 6-11--supposed to go with DH--we already bought tickets and costumes (it's a 1920's theme) but DH is sick so he's not sure if he's going to go, which means I might have to go alone. Also trying to decide if I will just bring the baby with me to the party, or leave him at home with the nanny and two older kids and bring the pump with me. I'm leaning toward bringing the baby, because he hasn't had any bottles yet even though I've been pumping. I have to go, because I was in charge of my class's art auction project which is going to be in the live auction...I was working on this project from one week before to two weeks after delivery (I didn't realize the timing of this when I volunteered for it at the beginning of the year...)

Sun:
*only* two things on the schedule:
Swimming for DD and DS 12:15-1
Birthday party for DD's classmate 2-4

DH is sick so I'll likely have all three kids by myself both days. And did I mention I'm only two weeks postpartum? Things have been so busy I haven't had a full day's rest since I had the baby. :dizzy:

crl
03-22-2013, 07:40 PM
Saturday:
Take DD to ballet 9-10
Birthday party for a 5 year old boy 12-3
DD's chess class 3-5 (she joined the chess team and they're having practice/chess class for an upcoming chess tournament)
School auction party 6-11--supposed to go with DH--we already bought tickets and costumes (it's a 1920's theme) but DH is sick so he's not sure if he's going to go, which means I might have to go alone. Also trying to decide if I will just bring the baby with me to the party, or leave him at home with the nanny and two older kids and bring the pump with me. I'm leaning toward bringing the baby, because he hasn't had any bottles yet even though I've been pumping. I have to go, because I was in charge of my class's art auction project which is going to be in the live auction...I was working on this project from one week before to two weeks after delivery (I didn't realize the timing of this when I volunteered for it at the beginning of the year...)

Sun:
*only* two things on the schedule:
Swimming for DD and DS 12:15-1
Birthday party for DD's classmate 2-4

DH is sick so I'll likely have all three kids by myself both days. And did I mention I'm only two weeks postpartum? Things have been so busy I haven't had a full day's rest since I had the baby. :dizzy:

Whoa, that's a lot! :hug:

Catherine

KpbS
03-22-2013, 07:50 PM
Wrapping up a fun but ridiculously cold spring break with the cousins. Made some yummy pear cake (thanks OP :)) and just relaxing after a crazy busy couple of weeks.