PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to talk House of Cards on Netflix?

Twoboos
03-22-2013, 07:00 PM
WOW. Just wow. What a good show!

Anyone else watching?

gatorsmom
03-22-2013, 07:07 PM
My DH loves it and has tried to convince me to watch it with him. I've been too tired at night to watch when he has it on. And normally I don't like the same things he does (top gear, tosh 6.0, pawn stars, etc), but if the BBB folks give it a thumbs up I may have to check it out. ;)

Twoboos
03-22-2013, 07:27 PM
Totally not like your DH's usual list. Well, wait. It's politics in DC. Maybe a bit like all of them. :rotflmao:

EllasMum
03-22-2013, 07:28 PM
I am loving it! I'm up to episode 11 (?) and think it is an amazing show! Kevin Spacey ROCKS as Frank Underwood. So, so, SO good!! I've been neglecting my regular cable shows in favor of HoC. :)

Tenasparkl
03-22-2013, 08:16 PM
We went on a binge and watched every night and then the last 3 in one night. I really liked it with the exception of one episode that was a little slow. Robin Wright still looks fantastic, wow!

Mermanaid
03-22-2013, 08:19 PM
I binged on it as well and watched all the episodes over two days. I wasn't as pulled in for the first few episodes but as I kept watching and realized how the connections worked I just couldn't stop.

Twoboos
03-22-2013, 08:51 PM
This show is so good, my brother who has been basically a vegetarian for the past 5+ years ate ribs last week! :rotflmao:

Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright are both fantastic! I feel like Claire is more of a threat than Francis, LOL. She just creeps me out.

I also thought the guy playing Russo was great. He had such a range - drunk, hungover, Congressman, recovering addict - and played them all well.

We finished season 1 last night and I have been trying to figure out when season 2 will be out! I love that they released the whole thing at once.

elbenn
03-22-2013, 09:04 PM
Love this show! I watched all of the episodes in about two weeks! Kevin Spacey was excellent and his character is just fascinating. Loved the episode where he goes back to his alma mater--so interesting to contrast how he was in his youth with his scheming, older self. Also, Claire's betrayal--wow--was so surprised she did that. It's just an excellent show all around.

sunshine873
03-22-2013, 11:04 PM
Yes, great show! DH and I watched a few episodes a night...definitely binge-worthy! ;)