PDA

View Full Version : Bulky cloth diapers

Jupiter
03-22-2013, 09:35 PM
Does anyone else find cloth diapers to be bulky? I just started using them and they seem to make her clothes tight around her butt. And loose around the chest. They seem to fit right.

BunnyBee
03-22-2013, 09:52 PM
They are bulkier than disposable diapers, but that's the nature of the beast. What kind are you using? Some are trimmer than others. Most clothing is made for modern disposables, but I size up in bottoms or buy brands that run roomy, like Old Navy, Hanna, Boden...

Jupiter
03-22-2013, 10:17 PM
I have a variety that someone gave me. Which are the lest bulky?

edurnemk
03-22-2013, 10:27 PM
AIO's are the least bulky. I really like Tots Bots (Tini Fit for newborns, Easy Fit for 3+ months), and Blueberry. Bumware Extreme AIO's are supposed to be very trim. Prefolds, fitted diapers are the bulkiest option IMO.

I also size up or buy roomier brands.

However your baby is still young, at that age, they're more bulky, especially if their one size diaper.

I'm, so used to the bulkiness it really doesn't bother me anymore, and it doesn't bother the babies either, nor does it stop them from moving around, crawling, etc.

abh5e8
03-23-2013, 12:24 PM
i think it depends...our pocket diapers are VERY trim, if we just stuff them with a small prefold or flat. they fit under most regular pants if we use the microfiber insert that came with them. i tried some AIO that were very bulky.

we use bumgenius one size pockets most of the time, also some of the sized fuzzy bunz pockets.

MommyAllison
03-23-2013, 01:50 PM
I find pockets with slim inserts to be the trimmest, but the downside is that they don't hold as much, so sometimes DD2 will leak out of them the first time she pees. We mostly use fitteds, and have found leggings to be our friend :) and BabyGap jeans.