PDA

View Full Version : A happy Amazon Prime story

bigpassport
03-23-2013, 04:09 AM
I noticed a charge of $79 for Amazon Prime on my cc. I didn't order it, so I thought someone got a hold of my cc number. I spoke to 3 customer service people and discovered that in Feb 2012, DH bought something on Amazon with a free one month trial of Prime. Here comes the sad part of the story...DH apparently paid $79 when the month was up, and we had a whole year of Prime without knowing it:crying: So the recent $79 charge was the annual renewal. Here is the happy part of the story...The customer service guy said since we weren't expecting the charge, he would reverse the charge AND let us keep the Prime membership for the remaining term (11 more months!):yay: This is a small miracle with adopted twins coming this summer!

TwinFoxes
03-23-2013, 05:48 AM
That's awesome!

daisyd
03-23-2013, 06:37 AM
Wow!That's great customer service.

elliput
03-23-2013, 09:40 AM
Great CS, but what I want to know is how you went a whole year without ordering anything from Amazon? :confused:

bigpassport
03-23-2013, 09:54 AM
Great CS, but what I want to know is how you went a whole year without ordering anything from Amazon? :confused:

Lol! I guess I didn't explain well. DH got Prime on his own Amazon account. I have a separate one, so I never saw the Prime membership. No, I didn't go a whole year without ordering anything from Amazon! I just restricted myself to items with super saver shipping.

Pennylane
03-23-2013, 10:42 AM
That was really nice of them. I have never had anything but wonderful customer service from Amazon.

Ann