PDA

View Full Version : Costco dishwasher detergent

LizLemon
03-23-2013, 10:11 PM
Has anyone used this? We bought some and it is leaving a horrifically strong soap smell in all plastic cups, tupperware containers, etc. I have never had this happen with any other kind of detergent or soap. It is overpowering. Unfortunately we are only on bottle #1 of 2, and I don't know where the receipt is so I guess we are stuck.

boltfam
03-23-2013, 10:43 PM
Has anyone used this? We bought some and it is leaving a horrifically strong soap smell in all plastic cups, tupperware containers, etc. I have never had this happen with any other kind of detergent or soap. It is overpowering. Unfortunately we are only on bottle #1 of 2, and I don't know where the receipt is so I guess we are stuck.

I have not used it so cannot comment on that, but you don't need your receipt...they can look it up.

kep
03-23-2013, 10:48 PM
I have not used it so cannot comment on that, but you don't need your receipt...they can look it up.

Yeah, you don't need your receipt.

But, we tried it recently and found it was stripping color out of plastics, and removing/"loosening" the ink on ceramics as well. Lettering and pictures off some of our fave mugs are now faded and/or ruined. We stopped using it as soon as we noticed. Strong stuff, that is.