PDA

View Full Version : Snack for baseball game

niccig
03-23-2013, 11:50 PM
We have to take snack to next baseball game. If a game finishes around lunch, the snack is often pizza. Our game will finish at 10.30 so I'm thinking a bag of different snacks, but what? My choices (healthy) didn't go over well with DS's soccer team last season.

Thanks for suggestions - you'll make my shopping much easier as I'll get things over next 2 weeks.

AngB
03-23-2013, 11:55 PM
If you want to make something, maybe a fruit pizza? Mostly unhealthy for the kind we make (sugar cookie dough crust, cream cheese and sugar "sauce", fruit on top), it's always a huge hit though.

eta: oops, sorry, just read the 'bag of different snacks' part, I missed that the first time.

baymom
03-24-2013, 12:07 AM
I've seen people bring a box of donuts for games that early. My typical snack for sports is a juice box, a clementine, cheese stick and a bag of chips/crackers/pretzels. Sometimes also a bag of fruit snacks.
ETA--sometimes a granola bar...

niccig
03-24-2013, 12:12 AM
I've seen people bring a box of donuts for games that early. My typical snack for sports is a juice box, a clementine, cheese stick and a bag of chips/crackers/pretzels. Sometimes also a bag of fruit snacks.
ETA--sometimes a granola bar...

People have brought donuts before. The kids LOVED that. Whatever I take, I need to get it day before as early game and DH is out of town. Mmm, maybe costco muffins with drink and fruit? Would that be OK? I'm feeling my bag of snacks isn't what kids want, and I suppose muffins aren't really much better than a donut. Maybe I should give up on healthy options. Today's snack was McDonalds cheeseburger as it finished at lunch time and field opposite the McDonalds. Our soccer league says has to be healthy, our baseball league does not.

niccig
03-24-2013, 12:18 AM
eta: oops, sorry, just read the 'bag of different snacks' part, I missed that the first time.

It doesn't have to be a bag of snacks. But something easy to buy or I could make something as will have time the day before..but I have so much work/school work I should try to make it as easy as possible on me.

Oh I should say the kids eat the snack while the coach talks about the game, announcements for next week's practice etc.

BunnyBee
03-24-2013, 12:23 AM
Granola bar and clementines would be great. Or granola bar and a GoGo Squeez Applesauce thing? My son's team this year has a team fee that the team mom collects and covers snacks and coach gifts. The "snack" is a $1.50 coupon to the concession stand. They have NOTHING remotely healthy. I don't want him getting a handful of candy each game, nor do I want to pay more on top of the coupon to buy less crappy crap. Sorry for the rant...

niccig
03-24-2013, 12:35 AM
I could do juice box, clementine, granola bar, throw in a small 100 calorie pack of cookies, and then yogurt tubes. We live 2 mins from field, so I could get the yogurt just before snack time.

I just don't think I can buy krispy kremes for snack. DS would love it though.

baymom
03-24-2013, 12:46 AM
If you live near a Trader Joes, they have whole wheat mini donuts there. Could do those, a chocolate milk box and a clementine. At least it's not completely in-healthy... :tongue5:

baymom
03-24-2013, 12:47 AM
Ooo... Just read your idea. I think that sounds great! Kids love the yogurt tubes!

niccig
03-24-2013, 12:57 AM
If you live near a Trader Joes, they have whole wheat mini donuts there. Could do those, a chocolate milk box and a clementine. At least it's not completely in-healthy... :tongue5:

I forgot about TJ's donuts.

DS says he wants a pack of goldfish, fruit roll-up (the real ones Mummy) and a drink. I added in how about clementine and yogurt - he doesn't eat string cheese so yogurt is my way to have some protein in there. I might throw in small granola bar - I've noticed lately that as boys get bigger (8 yrs old) they are eating more.

poppy
03-24-2013, 03:53 AM
We did a bag of snacks after DS's baseball game today.

We did a veggie-fruit juice box, go-go squeeze applesauce, a bag of chocolate chip cookies--I think Famous Amos and a rice krispies bar.

The juice and the rice-k are on sale at Costco right now.

Jen841
03-24-2013, 08:04 AM
My standard is bottles of water and cheese sticks and/or soft pretzels. I do water not juice, my kids don't like Jim
Juice.

I did a bowl of oranges quartered (old school) and it was a hit.