PDA

View Full Version : Container Store Spring Sale is up!

JanBaby
03-25-2013, 11:48 AM
This is the one with the sweater boxes that fit perfectly in the Expedit but I'm disappointed in the sale prices:

Sweater box: Reg $5.99, Sale $5.39
Deep Sweater box: Reg $9.99, Sale $8.99
Accessory box: Reg $1.69, Sale $1.52

However I'm extremely excited about getting an Elfa unit for the inside of my pantry door! I'm going to get a 63 inch wall mounted and probably 4-5 baskets.

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/springOrganizationSale

AJP
03-25-2013, 11:54 AM
We did the elf a door system inside the pantry and its awesome! I may get two or three more for inside the linen closets.
Do you know which sweater boxes fit the expedit? Is it the standard or deep?
Thanks for the heads up!

JanBaby
03-25-2013, 11:58 AM
We did the elf a door system inside the pantry and its awesome! I may get two or three more for inside the linen closets.
Thanks for the heads up!

I haven't put any sweater boxes in our Expedit yet but there are several threads about them. I believe two regular or one deep fit perfectly.

Glad to hear about your Elfa pantry! I can't wait to move all of our spices and baking stuff in one, easy to access spot.

legaleagle
03-25-2013, 12:00 PM
I believe two regular or one deep fit perfectly.

Yup! That's what we have.

I loved my elfa over the door setup at my last house, it was so great!

Pennylane
03-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the heads up!

I want one for my pantry after seeing them! Did you do the installation yourself? If so, how difficult is it? This would free up lots of shelf room for me.

Ann

legaleagle
03-25-2013, 01:14 PM
I don't remember that well since I moved from that house 7 years ago (current house doesn't have a pantry or I would have taken it with me). But I did it myself and I am by no means handy so it must have been pretty easy!

TwinFoxes
03-25-2013, 01:24 PM
I have the Elfa door rack too, and it's really great. DH put it up in about 5 minutes. It feels sturdy.

I'm going to try to not buy anything after buying a truckload of multi-purpose bins yesterday!

ETA: Grr, I shouldn't have looked! I really want this shoe rack! http://www.containerstore.com/shop/springOrganizationSale/shoeAccessoryStorage?productId=10000121&N=77824

jam224
03-26-2013, 12:51 AM
Oh, this was the sale when I bought our spiffy trash can! One side is trash and the other side is recycling. LOVE it! Regularly $179, on sale for $129:
http://www.containerstore.com/shop/springOrganizationSale/viewAll?productId=10022574&N

Also, I LOVE our Elfa pantry door rack! Highly recommend!

AJP
03-26-2013, 06:52 AM
I want one for my pantry after seeing them! Did you do the installation yourself? If so, how difficult is it? This would free up lots of shelf room for me.

Ann

The pantry door organizer doesn't require any tools to install. You just need to hang the top of the door support and attach the rail to that. Very easy

Pennylane
03-26-2013, 09:17 AM
The pantry door organizer doesn't require any tools to install. You just need to hang the top of the door support and attach the rail to that. Very easy

Thanks, heading there in a bit!

Ann

maybeebaby08
03-26-2013, 04:01 PM
I saw this at Costco today for $36.99.

vludmilla
03-26-2013, 04:37 PM
Thanks for posting the Costco link! I wanted one of these but not at Elfa prices. I hope they have it at my store.

waitingforgrace
03-26-2013, 05:24 PM
Thanks for posting about the Costco organizer. I'll have to look for it next time I'm there.

Pennylane
03-27-2013, 08:16 AM
Purchased mine yesterday and then realized my doors are too tall! Had to run back to get the kit to attach it directly to the door. Now I just have to wait for me DH to attach it on Friday.

Ann

JanBaby
03-27-2013, 10:19 AM
Purchased mine yesterday and then realized my doors are too tall! Had to run back to get the kit to attach it directly to the door. Now I just have to wait for me DH to attach it on Friday.

Ann

You are going to LOVE it! I bought it yesterday, installed it in about two minutes last night. I'm going to switch out one basket for a smaller one to fit more spices but it's so, so fabulous.

KrisM
03-27-2013, 10:58 AM
You are going to LOVE it! I bought it yesterday, installed it in about two minutes last night. I'm going to switch out one basket for a smaller one to fit more spices but it's so, so fabulous.

How does it install?

JanBaby
03-27-2013, 12:29 PM
How does it install?

There is a hook that goes over the top and bottom of your door. You attach the main mounting piece to the top and bottom hook and tighten with an allen wrench. That's seriously it. No drilling unless you want to attach it to the door.

anamika
03-27-2013, 12:40 PM

This looks perfect! Will look for it at my COstco. Do you have an SKU whatever number?

maybeebaby08
03-27-2013, 01:58 PM
Here's the tag2945

Pennylane
03-27-2013, 03:40 PM
There is a hook that goes over the top and bottom of your door. You attach the main mounting piece to the top and bottom hook and tighten with an allen wrench. That's seriously it. No drilling unless you want to attach it to the door.

My door is 8 ft tall, so I have to attach it with screws. I was bummed, wanted it up right away!

Ann

Twin Mom
03-27-2013, 08:13 PM
Thanks for posting. My Costco said they got these in within the last couple of days. If I can make it before I leave town I am going to get 2 - 1 for the pantry and another for the linen closet where I keep my medicines etc.

anamika
03-29-2013, 09:03 AM
Thanks - going to ask at my Costco! I might get 2 too. One for the back door so we can leave all the things we need to bring out the door!

jam224
03-29-2013, 05:00 PM
For those of you that aren't blessed with a Costco (*sniff!*), I saw something similar at Target yesterday: http://www.target.com/p/closetmaid-8-tier-adjustable-door-rack/-/A-13680756

It's 18" wide though, so it might not fit narrower pantry doors.

poppy
03-30-2013, 11:11 AM
I have the Elfa door rack too, and it's really great. DH put it up in about 5 minutes. It feels sturdy.

I'm going to try to not buy anything after buying a truckload of multi-purpose bins yesterday!

ETA: Grr, I shouldn't have looked! I really want this shoe rack! http://www.containerstore.com/shop/springOrganizationSale/shoeAccessoryStorage?productId=10000121&N=77824

I have one similar to it and it works great. I didn't buy it from the container store. I got it at Target or Walmart. I don't remember which one. But for really cheap, maybe $10. I think you can get similar ones---lasted me for more than 8 years so far. Never ripped. I like the container store, but you can find stuff like it, and still works great w/o paying as much.

Pennylane
03-31-2013, 04:00 PM
My DH put mine up today and I love it! It's perfect for holding the things we use on a daily basis. Thanks for recommendation!

Ann2946

mommy111
04-01-2013, 04:40 PM
Is something like that available but in a smaller size? I really need something for the inside of my bathroom closet

legaleagle
04-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Is something like that available but in a smaller size? I really need something for the inside of my bathroom closet

If you just need something shorter, I'm pretty sure the CS will cut the hanging part to whatever length you want. I know they will cut down the shelves.

mommy111
04-01-2013, 06:18 PM
If you just need something shorter, I'm pretty sure the CS will cut the hanging part to whatever length you want. I know they will cut down the shelves.
Thanks! Never thought of that!

jam224
04-27-2013, 01:37 PM
Bumping this because the sale ends soon: May 5th. Also, the Real Simple 15% off coupon (good off regular prices) expires April 30th: TRSBA13.

I just picked up an order last night, including this 2-tier lazy susan for all of my spices (inspired by a semi-recent thread in the lounge) for my upper cabinet:
http://www.containerstore.com/shop/kitchen/cabinetOrganizers/upperCabinets?productId=10009907&N=185
Love it! :thumbsup:

Also, as part of the sale, I did buy several of these stacking bins (http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10027640&N), inspired to organize my bathroom cabinet, a la Alejandra:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK00D59sn3w

ETA: And I took advantage of the "Click and Pick-up" option again and I'm such a huge fan! :D

ETA again: And I'm also a huge fan of this laundry cart, which is on sale: http://www.containerstore.com/shop/springOrganizationSale/cleaning?productId=10027609&N=80132
I actually have it in a small space in our kitchen (in between our counters and baker's rack) and it's *perfect* for storing all of our beverages that can't fit in our pantry: bottles of pop and gallons of water.

ckso
05-06-2013, 04:37 AM
I finally found the rack at Costco and it doesn't fit right. Turns out our door is too short....by an inch. Our door measures 79 inches and the rack is for 80.

Now what? :(

maybeebaby08
06-11-2013, 01:43 PM
These racks are on sake at Costco for $29.99 right now. I bought one today and just installed it. So easy to install, great way to add extra storage to small spaces.