PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Eaten at "Be Our Guest" Yet?

Indianamom2
03-26-2013, 06:14 PM
The title pretty much says it all....also, how about the "Biergarten" in Germany? We are going the last week of September and managed to (just barely) score reservations for Be Our Guest....very excited, but wondering if anyone has actually tried it yet?

BayGirl2
03-26-2013, 07:23 PM
I haven't, but I have ADRs there for May. There are lots of reviews on DISboards about it and I'm excited just for the themeing. Also it sounds like not typical Disney food. I guess if your kids prefer "kid food" its not ideal, but we prefer variety so I'm looking forward to something different.

Cam&Clay
03-26-2013, 08:09 PM
We ate there for lunch in December! It was very good and the place is gorgeous. Biergarten was okay at best.

gobadgers
03-26-2013, 08:27 PM
We had lunch there in January. We really enjoyed it! The seating areas were very cool, and the food was delicious.

We sat in the library, but if our kids were a little older I think they would have enjoyed the West Wing (but they were scared at 3 and 5 YO).

The kids menu was not typical. It worked for us but I can see how it might not for everyone.

Hope you enjoy it!!

jjordan
03-26-2013, 08:42 PM
We ate there for dinner in January. It was fine, the theming more impressive (IMO) than the food.

We've eaten at the Biergarten several times and I honestly don't really like it. I guess I'm just not a fan of German food...

If you have specific questions about either, I can try to answer them. :)

Gracemom
03-27-2013, 01:56 PM
We went to the Biergarten the week before Christmas last year. We all enjoyed it. We sat at a table with another family. We all found food we liked. But our favorite part was the music and dancing. Our kids really got into it. And they sang Silent Night in German, which brought tears to my eyes because I fondly remember my German grandmother singing it to me.

I would love to try Be Our Guest. What was on the menu?

npace19147
03-27-2013, 02:39 PM
We just got back from DW and had dessert at Be Our Guest, DH talked his way in for a last minute cancellation. It was some of the best food at MK, but it is very relative. All those places are huge kitchens cooking for crowds. The experience is fun, and it is very pretty. If you have ADR for dinner then go. Not worth an hour+ wait for lunch or breakfast though. I'd much rather spend the time waiting for Enchanted Tales with Belle, which is a wonderful character interaction.

We did get a tip from a CM that the restaurant is open for an hour first thing in the morning if you just want to go in and take a look but not actually eat before they seat people for meals.