PDA

View Full Version : My fave pregnancy bras

indigo99
03-26-2013, 09:28 PM
Thought I'd pass this along to anyone who may be looking for comfortable pregnancy bras. I know that mine became VERY uncomfortable once my tummy started getting larger. My absolute favorite is the bravado bodysilk because you can also use it for nursing. I love how soft and flexible the band is, and it's super comfy. I loved it so much that I wanted to find something similar now that I've weaned DS.
I think I've found it with the Bali comfort revolution (with smart sizing) at Kohls. It's listed as a full figure bra (which I'm not now), but the small works great for me. It has the sort of design as the bodysilk, and I think it would work really well for pregnancy as well. This isn't a date bra that gives your boobs a great shape, but if you're looking for something comfy to reign in the girls as you grow then these are super.

georgiegirl
03-26-2013, 09:38 PM
Thanks! I will look into them. My boobs have gone up about 2 cup sizes and I'm beginning to spill out of my old bras (from when my boobs were big when DS was about 1 year old.). All of my nursing bras from the kids are trashed (since I nursed both for 2.5-3 years each). So I'm definitely in the market for something new that I can use once the baby arrives.

FWIW, my boobs used to be decently big (D), and they grew when I was nursing, but then they totally shrunk and deflated and settled into large B/small C. Now they are big D again at nearly 20 weeks. Maybe they won't deflate after I wean this time.

ETA: just googled it, and I had that bra with DD and I loved it. It's trashed now after 4+ years of use.

indigo99
03-26-2013, 09:45 PM
Maybe they won't deflate after I wean this time.

Good luck with that! Mine are smaller now than they were before DS1 (smallest of my adult life). I did lose some extra weight after DS2, but this is ridiculous. They're so deflated that most bras won't even fit correctly now as my boobs want to just sit in the bottom of the cup. I'm still searching for some good "date" bras for when I need my breasts to actually look good, but for everyday around with the kids I'm more concerned with being comfortable now.

I actually saw some playtex bras at Target that are VERY similar to the Bali and maybe less expensive, but I haven't tried them. If you're wanting nursing bras though, those bravado are the best.

georgiegirl
03-26-2013, 09:48 PM
Good luck with that! Mine are smaller now than they were before DS1 (smallest of my adult life). I did lose some extra weight after DS2, but this is ridiculous. They're so deflated that most bras won't even fit correctly now as my boobs want to just sit in the bottom of the cup. I'm still searching for some good "date" bras for when I need my breasts to actually look good, but for everyday around with the kids I'm more concerned with being comfortable now.

I had this same problem. I found a Calvin Klein push up bra at a department store that worked wonders for my saggy deflated breasts. They hasn't been that small since I was 12 I think. But now they are big and full. That's DH's favorite pregnancy body change.