PDA

View Full Version : WWYD at Disney before Checkin?

ray7694
03-27-2013, 03:10 PM
Our flight was changed to 6am so we will be arriving a lot earlier then planned. I didn't plan a park for that day as we would be traveling. Checkin for Coronado Springs is at 3pm. WWYD everyone is going to be excited and I don't want us sitting with nothing to do... I scheduled 5 park days starting the next day.

acmom
03-27-2013, 03:22 PM
You could do some pool time, check out resort (shops, restaurants, playground, etc) and/or Downtown Disney. My kids (2 and 4) enjoyed all those things. In fact, we could have used a little more time for them.

BayGirl2
03-27-2013, 03:22 PM
I'd go to a park. Or hang out at the pool or go to Downtown Disney, or make an ADR at another resort for a character lunch. Basically I'd consider it a day at Disney and do whatever Disney stuff we wanted to do. The hotel will text you when your room is ready and you can go back anytime, so its not like you need to sit around until 3pm.

On our last trip to DL we dropped off our stuff with the Valet and went right to the park. I had packed so it would be easy to pull the park stuff and stroller out. I ran back when the room was ready and set it up, the kids didn't come back to see the room until late that night.

s7714
03-27-2013, 03:24 PM
Check in early. They'll hold your bags and you can make use of the hotel amenities while waiting for your room to be ready. I'd hit the pool or game room, if there is one.

BayGirl2
03-27-2013, 03:31 PM
Also, you can technically "check in" with your hotel when you arrive to get your park tickets (if you have a package). You don't have to wait until 3 to do that. If you already have multi-day tickets adding another day (ex. 5 day to 6 day) can be really cheap, like $10/person.

megs4413
03-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Check in early and unload your bags. Explore the resort and head to a character lunch or downtown Disney. By the time you're done with that, your room will be ready and you can hit the pool after you get settled in/rest.

anonomom
03-27-2013, 03:39 PM
Personally, I'd check in at the hotel, have them hold my bags, add an extra park day to my tix and head to Epcot. That's the one park I feel like you can spend all day just wandering in and enjoying the entertainment, atmosphere and food without even having to go on rides.

SnuggleBuggles
03-27-2013, 03:47 PM
Personally, I'd check in at the hotel, have them hold my bags, add an extra park day to my tix and head to Epcot. That's the one park I feel like you can spend all day just wandering in and enjoying the entertainment, atmosphere and food without even having to go on rides.

:yeahthat: or just chill and do Downtown Disney. If you go early in the day to DTD, it won't be a mob (like it can be later!).

belovedgandp
03-27-2013, 03:59 PM
We love DTD and it is much calmer earlier in the day.

Once you've committed to 5 days, the additional day is really cheap. I'd consider another day and do a park.

Or do a character meal at a resort.

hillview
03-27-2013, 04:08 PM
I'd do the park. I would NOT add another day til later in the week as you may decide to skip a park day and hang at the pool etc. IIR you can add another park day the DAY that your pass expires.

anonomom
03-27-2013, 04:10 PM
Hillview, that's a good point.

Smillow
03-27-2013, 05:51 PM
The pool at Coranado is awesome. If the weather is great, I would play & relax @ the pool.

hellokitty
03-27-2013, 06:42 PM
I'd do the park. I would NOT add another day til later in the week as you may decide to skip a park day and hang at the pool etc. IIR you can add another park day the DAY that your pass expires.

:yeahthat: If you don't want to add a park day, you can visit the different resorts, hang out at the pool (pack a bag with just your pool stuff) or do DTD. Chances are that if you check in that early, they will try to get you a room early, so I bet you won't have to wait until 3pm, unless it's super busy.

123LuckyMom
03-27-2013, 07:51 PM
We went to downtown Disney and made an early dinner reservation at Boma at the Animal Kingdom lodge. We went early and walked around looking at the animals and participating in a drum circle we happened across. It was fun, and the AK lodge is really beautiful!!!

Jen841
03-27-2013, 09:59 PM
I would switch and do parks the first day and plan a rest day.

If you are set on not doing parks I would do planes, trains, and boats day. Take all the forms of Disney Transportation. Have dinner at a resort or Downtown Disney.

WatchingThemGrow
03-27-2013, 10:17 PM
Considering our Disney trips are usually structured like this, I'd do a park!

-drive there with great enthusiasm early in the morning
-park @ resort, maybe, maybe not have them take the luggage from the car/deliver it to the room
-head to the MK to play
-officially check into room around 3, rest, regroup
-dine quickly at CS place at resort
-head back to the park for more rides, snack, parade
-collapse in room