PDA

View Full Version : HA Pillowcase dresses $15

Melaine
03-28-2013, 01:32 PM
Online and in stores. If you happen to have a coupon they are even cheaper.

My question is: Anyone get these for their big girls? My girls are in 120 and I'm torn on sizing. In the catalog they are wearing the dresses shorter and smaller than I like them...does that mean I should size up to 120. So confused. No store nearby for me.

http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC|1|4|342|291|0|24|17&simg=39818_80M

bostonsmama
03-28-2013, 02:46 PM
I don't like pillowcase dresses on my DD. They are shapeless and leave DD either cold or too exposed. Plus, if you want to cover up the shoulder (for cold or sunburn), the ribbons look silly under a cardigan. If I were EVER to get a HA pillowcase dress, I'd have DD wear it like a tunic top with leggings underneath, thus I'd size down. I prefer their Twirl Girl and It's a playdress/daydress dresses. Call one of the stores for sizing, though. They have a lot of experience and can help you get the correct size.

Melaine
03-28-2013, 03:00 PM
Hmmm I love the ones I have made for my girls. We have layered them both over and under stuff. I do love twirl dresses and PDs but we already have several of both. I did make some that ended up too long and looked a little shapeless.

boltfam
03-28-2013, 03:03 PM
The description says that the neck has a functional drawstring, so you could probably size up. Pp had a good suggestion of calling the store, too.

NCGrandma
03-28-2013, 04:30 PM
Interesting, I was at the local Hanna store the other day, and these were 'on sale' for $20. I really did not like them, though -- we're big fans of the twirl dresses and play dresses, but these looked really dumpy and shapeless.

waitingforgrace
03-28-2013, 04:36 PM
I really like the pillowcase dresses, but prefer them as more of a tunic with leggings. I would probably get the 110 or 120. You could always call and see if the would measure length of the two sizes for you.

FWIW I find the play dresses boxy and shapeless on my girls.

anonomom
03-28-2013, 06:28 PM
We just got a few from the outlet sale ($7.xx each). The jersey ones cling enough that I tend to buy large, but I also usually err on the side of too big (I HATE the way clingy fabric looks). DD hasn't tried the plain cotton ones on yet, so no guidance there.

citymama
03-29-2013, 02:44 AM
I'm not a fan of these...in a few months almost all the summer dresses will be at $15. Where we live is way too cold for these to be worn (except as pinafores).

Sopamanda
03-29-2013, 12:50 PM
These were $7 at outlets?!

♥ms.pacman♥
03-29-2013, 12:52 PM

yes, i got one at an outlet sale few months ago. it's gorgeous, and now i'm mad i didn't get more!

the shape/style/fabric is great for us as we're in TX and it's just too damn hot here for about 5 months straight, so something breezy and lightweight is nice. in a month she'll be able to wear it.

Sopamanda
03-29-2013, 02:11 PM
We're in Oklahoma. Sleeveless for us all summer too. It's beastly here!

anonomom
03-29-2013, 04:42 PM

They may still be nearly that cheap. Over St. Patty's day weekend they were $9, plus the SA gave me the 15% discount for wearing green.

DD1 is wearing her cotton one today, and I have to say I don't love it. She's wearing it over a long-sleeved T and it's not terribly flattering. I'd been considering buying one or two more but I think I'll wait for different dresses to go on sale.

maiaann
03-29-2013, 04:43 PM
Don't size up. IME, the pillowcase dresses either fit or they don't. If they fit - they look good. If you size up, they look unflattering. I bought a size 100 and 130 a few years ago when my DDs were on the upper end of those sizes. It hit them just above the knee and looked good. Last summer my DDs were just getting into 110s & 140s & I skipped the pillowcase dresses because I knew they wouldn't fit right.

AEmgee
04-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Free shipping with $100 today until April 3. Anybody have a link to Winter 2012 e-catalog?